Desktop QA Engineer The project & role Status seeks to accelerate consumer adoption of the web3 ecosystem forward through products, research, the creation of developer tools, and support of the
Status seeks to accelerate consumer adoption of the web3 ecosystem forward through products, research, the creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core product is an Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop platforms that enables communities to create 100% decentralized group chat spaces, and allows users to message, make payments and browse and transact on the decentralized web. Status also builds foundational infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem as a whole including the Nimbus Ethereum client, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper. Everything Status creates is built in the open and released under permissive open source licenses.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs (functional bugs, perf. issues, ensuring implementation matches designs, janky transitions, etc…)
- Help developers with extra testing of the new features to help them identify issues and root causes
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan your testing activities
- Participate in the prioritization of the backlog of bugs/feature
- 3+ years as a QA test engineer
- Experience in testing Qt/QML applications
- Experience in testing desktop applications for Windows/OSx/Linux
- Experience in creating test strategies and manual test execution
- Experience with open source development workflow (including github)
- Self motivated, strong sense of ownership and result oriented autonomous worker, you’re willing to try new builds/features as many times as it’s needed to make sure they finally work 🙂
- Good communication skills in English
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principle.
Bonus points if:
- You show a strong interest for blockchain and have a good understanding of Ethereum
- Have experience designing and implementing scripted automated testing tools, and in particular Froglogic Squish
- Have worked in a distributed environment that values asynchronous communication.
Get to know us:
Questions about this role?
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.