Who we are: Okcoin is one of the world's largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other crypto assets every day — but our
Who we are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Okcoin has customers worldwide and offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board.
About the Team:
Okcoin’s Legal team provides legal advice and guidance to the Company across all coverage areas and geographic locations, and supports business growth and development by working with all teams within the company to help them achieve their goals. We are a high-functioning, collaborative and fast-paced group of lawyers who enjoy the cutting-edge nature of our work and our industry.
About the Opportunity:
This is an essential role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges based in Dublin. The Deputy General Counsel will report directly to Okcoin’s General Counsel, who is based in San Francisco.
The right candidate will have prior experience working with a variety of internal stakeholders and various business teams providing general legal counsel support to a diverse and global organisation. They should also have strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and decision-making skills, the ability and desire to work with a top-notch legal team, and ideally, experience in the cryptocurrency and fintech industry.
We offer a competitive base salary and bonus structure as well as excellent benefits and an opportunity to work in a cutting-edge industry that will be the future of financial services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support the business in virtually all legal coverage areas, including but not limited to product development, HR/employment, corporate governance, contract negotiation, litigation and regulatory matters, compliance legal support, institutional sales and partnerships and marketing/advertising/sponsorships;
- Collaborate with product and business development teams for corporate development events and provide legal support for company-wide projects and initiatives;
- Manage legal requests from all areas of the business, summarising, communicating, and advising on legal concepts in support of business partners and company executives;
- Analyse the legal risks of new and existing virtual currency tokens;
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including maintaining subsidiaries, tracking filing obligations, drafting board and shareholders meeting materials and other corporate matters;
- Work with the compliance team to track and facilitate process of obtaining licenses and communication with regulators;
- To the extent needed, manage civil or regulatory litigation matters and supervise outside counsel;
- Stay up-to-date and keep teams advised on relevant updates in blockchain-related U.S. and international laws and regulations.
What We Look For In You:
- 10+ years PQE with experience at a top-tier law firm and/or an in-house legal team, preferably in financial services industry or with a Fintech company
- LLB or local law degree equivalent and admission to local governing body
- Experience in general corporate and securities matters (e.g. SEC “Howey Test” application), drafting and reviewing contracts, with solid legal researching skill on regulatory matters
- Enthusiastic about blockchain technology and have basic understanding (or eager to learn) about relevant legal/regulatory landscape
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well with others and to thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative and high functioning legal team
- Ability to navigate through legal ambiguity with high degree of focus
Nice to Haves:
- Self-starter, quick learner with sense of urgency, highly driven and proactive
- Experience working on cross-jurisdictional matters and with a global legal team
- Regulatory experience in the financial services industry
- Project management experience with superior organisational skills
Okcoin is an equal opportunity employer
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.