About Kraken As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consume
About the role
This role is based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Act as a day-to-day contact for regulatory compliance matters for Kraken Ireland operations.
- Be responsible for the ongoing compliance of the firm with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Kraken Ireland Head of Compliance and Executive Leadership to ensure operational compliance requirements across the region are implemented.
- Provide compliance expertise to Kraken Ireland’s Executive Leadership in relation to operational risks (including technology security risk, operational resilience and business continuity), conduct risks and prudential risks in order to build an effective compliance risk monitoring programme.
- Monitor internal and external business, regulatory and technology environments to identify new or emerging compliance risks and verify remediation of issues as applicable.
- Be responsible for the submission or, in some instances, the oversight of any relevant compliance regulatory reports, STRs/SARs, and other filings to be submitted to relevant regulatory authorities.
- Develop and oversee the Compliance Monitoring Programme, and maintain compliance policies and procedures.
- Assess and oversee the implementation of new regulatory compliance requirements as they arise, assist with regulatory horizon scanning, and advise executive management accordingly.
- Coordinate and liaise with Kraken Global Compliance to ensure alignment between global, regional and local compliance policies, procedures, and operations.
- Support regional product development by advising on the compliance impact and requirements associated with localised product launches..
- Support regional marketing and brand development efforts by advising on the compliance impact and requirements associated with business and brand development, and advertising under applicable regulations.
- Build and manage a local compliance operations function as required to support operations under future regulatory registrations or licenses.
- Advanced professional certifications such as “CAMS”, “CFE”, etc. are preferred.
- Compliance risk management programme development experience is preferred.
- Financial intelligence unit (FIU) operations experience is preferred.
- Demonstrable prior experience in relation to the regulation of crypto asset services in Ireland or a similar regulatory jurisdiction.
- 8+ years in a previous regulatory or compliance position at a fintech or financial firm, or regulatory institution.
- Previous experience in filing regulatory reports and providing compliance oversight.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Irish regulatory environment, developments, and relevant registration and licensing requirements for crypto and adjacent financial services.
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering and know-your-customer best practices within relevant regulations.
- Experience developing policies and procedures that ensure hyper-growth innovation is advanced compliantly.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn