WHO WE ARE We are a financial services platform operating the Oval Money and ETX Capital brands. Founded in 1965, we are regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and in Europe by t
WHO WE ARE
We are a financial services platform operating the Oval Money and ETX Capital brands. Founded in 1965, we are regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and in Europe by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and have office locations in London, UK, Limassol, Cyprus and Turin, Italy. Our platform offers clients a simplified and user-friendly experience supporting all their financial needs from investing and trading securities, OTC derivatives (CFDs), and cryptocurrencies to goals- based automated savings wallets and enabling payments through our debit cards.
Description of the Key Objectives
In this role you will report directly to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer (CLCO) and assist in the management of the legal affairs of all of the ETX Capital and Oval Money entities (the “Companies”). This role includes not just the oversight and coordination of legal work amongst the professionals working within the Companies and with outside counsel and external advisers and stakeholders but also performing much of that work personally as well.
In this role you will support all departments and divisions of the Companies. In that regard, because the ETX and Oval entities operate in highly regulated fields, the Companies’ legal work often has substantial compliance drivers, implications, and requirements. Accordingly, you will work closely with compliance team members to achieve the Companies’ goals.
Your work will involve a broad range of topics from the grand (such as M&A activity and advising senior management on key issues) to the small, such as reviewing data and non-disclosure agreements.
A key aspect of your role will be to support (including providing guidance and mentoring to) team members and other co-workers within the Companies.
Subject to limitations imposed by the pandemic, this role is primarily an in-person role given the vital importance of getting to know your co-workers well, of your co-workers getting to know you well, of being available for ad hoc discussions amongst multiple stakeholders, and of providing mentorship to other employees. Accordingly, the person in this role should expect to work on-site a minimum of three to four days per week. We discourage anyone from applying for this role if they do not embrace this requirement and the goals it reflets.
Advising on, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a broad range of contracts and other legal documents, including form and bespoke employment agreements and policies; customer terms and conditions; and other trading- and transaction-related agreements
Providing legal advice and support across all corporate departments
Overseeing and managing litigation process with external counsel as required
Assisting in corporate transactions and due diligence
Legal risk monitoring
Assisting in the development of departmental procedures
Address any other general or ad-hoc commercial legal queries
Assisting in corporate entity management
Qualifications and Factors – What We Seek:
- Qualified UK Solicitor or equivalent European legal qualifications
- At least six years of legal experience post qualification in private practice or an in-house team in the UK or a European jurisdiction
- Strong preference for someone with substantial in-house experience working within a regulated industry
- Experience with CFD regulation and/or electronic money institution regulation is a strong advantage; absent that, experience with financial services industry regulation more generally is highly desired
- Experience practicing in Europe is a strong advantage
- Experience in UK and/or European employment law highly desired
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent drafting skills
- Eagerness to contribute as an active and vital member of a dynamic global affiliated team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time