Introduction Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge bet
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Typical day would be to thoroughly analyse client’s business operations tasks, document decisions in pseudo natural language while at the same time leverage experience, your unique point of view, to propose optimizations.
Scope of duties
Automation Business Analyst
- Evaluate business processes in co-ordination with the clients
- Adapt proposed solutions to individual requirements
- Proactively identify potential risk and issues
- Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesize analysis into clear, sound recommendations
- Confidently deliver presentations to internal and external clients
- Plan, organize and structure own work and that of Analysts to manage time and effort effectively within project budget / profitability expectations
- Support stakeholders and project teams by accurately translating business requirements into proposed solutions
- Analyze Client’s business process and identify potential improvements
- Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively share tools, methods and best practices across projects
- Search for opportunities for cost savings and increased efficiency
- Propose IBM tools and solutions
- Closely cooperate with sales/solution/transition teams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience in delivery of Insurance processes
- Experience in transition/change management/continuous improvement as an asset
- Previous experience in a consulting/business analysis as an asset
- Ability to cooperate with different departments/stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, allowing to get a quick and accurate understanding of Client’s business processes
- Strong English and French communication skills
- Passion for learning and taking new challenges
- Strong team player with a critical, yet result-oriented and positive attitude
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvements
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to interpret large amounts of data, some of it ambiguous, and translate it into concise rational output that includes recommendations based upon core findings
- Ability to manage and reconcile input from various stakeholders both on IBM and Client side
- Excellent client facing skills with experience of international engagements. Ability to clearly articulate the value and rationale of the proposed solution in written, presentation and oral format
- Ability to travel required. Expected travel up to 50%.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Familiarity with the insurance business operations is an advantage.
Eligible to work in Belgium without Visa or Work Permit
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.