ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, developers, crypto and DeFi investors and users. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the Codefi product group
Codefi is the blockchain application suite powering commerce and finance, built to optimize business processes and digitize financial instruments as well as enabling and growing decentralised finance (DeFi). Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (assets, payments, workflows, data, etc.). The product group is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
What you’ll get to work on:
We are seeking a multi-disciplinary practitioner that is interested in applied mechanism design and token engineering.
This role is part of the crypto-economics team in ConsenSys Codefi, which focuses on the decentralization and tokenization of software products, the launch and maintenance of decentralized networks, and design of token economics. Adjacent areas of focus touch DAO governance and competitive benchmarking. The right candidate will have some experience with data science, quantitative economics, and be a skilled research analyst. The role also requires a mathematical grasp of game theory, engineering and systems thinking, financial modeling and simulations, and a deep interest in the economics of token powered networks.
The DeFi and DAO Token Engineer will have the opportunity for deep exposure to the crypto ecosystem to Tier 1 projects, as well as learning and understanding the best practices of decentralized finance, application protocol design, and community development. For reference, see this link that articulates the components of a strong token engineering practice.
- Work directly to advance the token engineering practice of ConsenSys as part of the Codefi product group
- Research and summarize the latest developments in tokenomic design, incentive mechanisms, and protocol structure
- Actively lead and conceptualize different approaches to applied token engineering and mechanism design
- Model decentralized protocols and their economics in spreadsheets as well as simulations packages like https://gauntlet.network/ or https://cadcad.org/
- Optimize performance of company and client project for key post-launch metrics, from protocol usage to token price performance
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science or a similar field of quantitative study
- Advanced studies in and focus on game theory equilibria, simulations, or macro-economics preferred
- Demonstrated interest in blockchain, crypto, and decentralized economies
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written presentation
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes to create a world-class delivery organisation in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects – challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.