Who we are Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today's financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we're h
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in – commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals – starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 600+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Data is at the heart of all we do! As a DBA Specialist at Bitpanda Pro, you’ll play a pivotal role in design, maintenance and administration of our AWS database. You will maintain our existing, mission critical database clusters by monitoring and optimising performance of our ‘at-scale’ data stores. We’d also look for you to utilise concepts such as table partitioning and sharding to accommodate our future business growth
Your role will also be instrumental in controlling and improving performance and budgetary requirements in AWS as well as interfacing with our BI team, collaborating on development of the product data warehouse
What you’ll do
- Continuous performance monitoring in AWS Cloudwatch and Datadog, early detection of bottlenecks
- Administration of Aurora configuration artifacts and integration to SIEM
- Administration of IAM roles and Aurora ACLs
- Implement off-loading of historical data stored in partitioned tables
- Develop business continuity strategy and organize disaster recovery game days
- Configure and monitor efficiency of AUTO VACUUM jobs, oversee health of transaction ID wraparound
- Manage integrations to business intelligence infrastructure and data analytics
- Manage AWS Step functions and provisioning of cluster clones
- Review data-manipulation (DML) and data-definition (DDL) changes as needed
What we’re looking
- Strong, demonstrable DBA experience and knowledge of PostgreSQL in AWS cloud, or similar
- Strong knowledge of monitoring systems (AWS Cloudwatch or Datadog is advantageous)
- Strong operational knowledge of live database migrations
- Operational knowledge of Terraform
- Experience in Python scripting
- Exposure to AWS S3 and data replication in streams
- Experience with the recent major versions (v12+)
- Strong knowledge of performance benchmarking tools
- Knowledge of extensions aiding audit trails and SIEM integrations
Nice to have experience in:
- AWS Redshift, Firehose, Debezium or similar
- Sharding and horizontal scaling
- Non-relational databases, specifically DynamoDB
- CDC and/or data streaming solutions (for example Kafka or Kinesis)
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- An attractive individual stock option plan in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events – both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.