Ripple is the world's only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders, however, the underlying infrastructure is outdated and flaw
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders, however, the underlying infrastructure is outdated and flawed. Ripple solves this problem. Our mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We connect banks, payment providers, corporations, and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap.
Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery. Ripple’s Database Engineering team manages distributed database platform infrastructure that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. The team partners with stakeholders across the company for cutting edge product development, business strategy, complex inter dependencies, high availability, security, performance, scalability, cost optimization requirements and customer servicing.
We are looking for results-oriented passionate engineers who will be responsible for designing, managing and scaling enterprise level database infrastructure in the cloud to power high-impact initiatives across the broader organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build enterprise, distributed database infrastructure in cloud that supports cross border payments to enable the Internet of Value
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for production deployments
- Design, develop, and maintain secure and performant and scalable databases for internal and external customers
- Work in close collaboration with members of your team and with teams across the organization in an agile environment and contribute towards product development and operational health
- Participate in the leadership of DevOps-first principles within the organization
- Research promising new tools and technologies, push the team to experiment and evolve
- Participate in a robust and fair on-call framework
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 0-2 years of hands-on development experience with experience in the following areas: SQL, Python, Java, relational or non-relational databases
- A solid understanding of database implementation: data structures, design and data modeling, normalization techniques, ACID properties, indexing, partitioning, sharding, replication, basic security implementation, etc.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS and GCP
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.