The opportunity The EY Belgium Data and Analytics team is growing. We are a leader in data-driven enterprise transformation and are delivering thought leadership, business design, solution im
The EY Belgium Data and Analytics team is growing. We are a leader in data-driven enterprise transformation and are delivering thought leadership, business design, solution implementation, and sustainment to a range of global clients. We work with clients across Europe, the Middle East, the U.S.A. and Caribbean to support them in designing, delivering, and sustaining new data-driven operating models, technology platforms, and offerings. We work with both traditional and leading-edge capabilities, including:
- closed and open source data collection and management,
- data governance, mastering and quality improvement,
- cloud data platforms,
- statistical analysis,
- artificial intelligence and machine learning,
- data experience, service, and visualization design,
- robotic process automation,
- blockchain, and
- geospatial and image analysis.
We work together with various teams in Europe and beyond, and we keep close to our clients, enabling them to solve complex business problems by exploiting data; we help articulate the big picture, while still keeping the precision to see the smallest of details.
We are looking for capable consultants at any stage of their career, with a deep interest in data strategy, architecture, and enterprise transformation. Successful candidates will be business-oriented, innovative, self-motivated, and adaptable.
As a data strategist, you will support the delivery of key projects, and work on enterprise transformations, solution designs, and the delivery of strategic data and analytics programs. You will be able to take a broad view of an organisation’s data and analytics capabilities, articulate a business-driven vision for their future, and lead them to successful implementation. You will also be able to rapidly pivot as requirements change, work across multiple engagements, learn exceptionally quickly, and assess and resolve complex business problems.
We thrive when we combine high performing team members from a variety of backgrounds. We are therefore looking for individual with industry, consulting, delivery or vendor backgrounds; we will provide the required support to transition into the team if this is your first step into consultancy.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- Experience working successfully and building positive relationships with challenging personalities
- Experience solving complex, data-related problems
- Experience deploying an architectural approach to problem solving
- Understanding of data systems and practices, preferably with hands on experience
- Strong communication, presentation and business and technical writing skills
- Self-motivated and energetic, experienced with and capable of working in teams and autonomously
- Fluency in English (Dutch, German and French are assets but assuredly not essential)
The skills below, while not a must, are a differentiator
- Understanding of traditional and advanced analytical techniques, including artificial intelligence. Ideally with hands on experience developing such capabilities.
- Understanding of cloud data platforms, their architecture, and value (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, Apache)
- Understanding of NoSQL tools, principles, and differentiated value propositions (e.g. graph, document, event/streaming, file)
- Deep knowledge in a specific sector (e.g. European Union, telecommunications, life sciences)
What working at EY offers
- You will be part of, and learn from, a team of experts passionate about their work, who deploy leading edge big data and analytics solutions and help global businesses transform
- You will get access to the best technologies and innovative equipment
- We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
- Joining our team in this exciting period of growth will offer you a variety of challenges, and the chance to put your mark on our clients’ business, as well as further develop your professional career.
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
At EY we are genuinely passionate about inclusion and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.