Come create the technology that helps the world act together Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positi
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Strategy and Technology (S&T) lays the path for Nokia’s future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company’s strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Within S&T, Nokia Standards targets collaboration with internal and external experts to advance the state-of-the-art technology landscape as well as to protect Nokia Intellectual Property. Within Nokia Standards, the E2E and strategy team is responsible for standards strategy as well as contributing and leading industry standards with focus on end to end solutions, 5G for verticals and IoT.
What you will learn and contribute to
To further strengthen our standards and industry leadership in energy, automotive and electromobility, we are looking for two data specialists (a data specialist for automotive and a data specialist for energy) with focus on data models, tools and application protocols to support data exchange, data interoperability and data market places. In this role you will be responsible for analyzing market-driven use cases, assess and contribute to industry standards, support customer and internal projects and provide industry thought leadership pertaining to industrial data in relation to cloud and edge.
The job includes the development and execution of standardization and industry engagement strategies.
As part of our team, you will:
- Analyze industry trends and assess standards and associations dealing with energy and mobility
- Contribute to the creation of the technology vision, strategy and reference architectures. Engage with applied research and standardization professionals to drive and defend the Nokia’s preferred solutions in key industry organizations (global, regional and national)
- Collaborate with the Nokia business groups and customer projects
- Create inventions and intellectual property (IPR’s) and support strengthening of Nokia IPR portfolio
- Engage with customers and ecosystem partners as part of the research and standardization process
Your skills and experience
- A computer science, applied mathematics or electrical engineering MSc degree, or equivalent. A Ph.D. degree would be a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience with related research, open-source, and standardization of these technologies.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in data marketplaces, tools, data interoperability, blockchains, protocols for data collection, AI/ML and big data
- For the Energy position: solid knowledge of smart grid architectures (IEC incl. 61850, SGAM, IEEE, etc.) and electromobility including EV charging
- For the Automotive and Transportation position: solid knowledge of mobility architectures, protocols and associations: ETSI ITS, SAE, ISO, 5GAA, ERTICO, etc.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Proven strong analytical thinking, ability to address complex problems and find innovative/disruptive solutions in multi-cultural engineering research and standardization environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. An outstanding team player, with the ability to work autonomously and be part of virtual, international and distributed teams
- Experience in dealing with policy makers and regulators
- Understanding of security and data privacy technologies and regulations for both personal and non personal data
- Understanding of GAIA-X and the International Data Spaces Association architectures
- Understanding of cloud and edge computing
- Knowledge of major ESCO (Energy Service Companies) and connected mobility companies strategies
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.