Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management. Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk....
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re supported to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk
and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our Data Science team to work on a number of exciting new technology initiatives like Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Open APIs.
What we’re looking for:
Data Scientists experienced in using statistical, algorithmic, mining and/or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems and have demonstrable experience using data science to see beyond the numbers.
As a Data Scientist you will be supporting on a mix of ad hoc and continuous client projects. The successful candidate will also play an active part in the Capco R&D function, designing and developing data science projects that utilise our extensive big data assets together with the latest machine learning techniques, as well as supporting sales pitches by speaking to prospective clients about Capco’s Data Science/Machine Learning capability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Solve challenging problems using data science and advanced machine learning methods.
- Apply data science techniques to process and wrangle data in preparation for analysis; and analyse big data and perform exploratory analysis to uncover insights and identify innovative opportunities.
- Leverage machine learning techniques, to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources to provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
- Define approaches to embed and scale machine learning models with senior data scientist oversight
- Assist on client pitches and proposals for machine learning projects
- Work on difficult engineering problems with scientists and business leaders with minimal engineering or data science backgrounds.
- Work with the data science team to build reusable assets, solutions and develop best practices for current and future business problems.
- Work with the engineering team to develop end to end production ML systems
- Staying up–to–date on the latest machine learning capabilities.
- Degree (BSc/MSc) in a numerate discipline
- Analytics, data science or software development experience.
- Experience with Python
- Proficiency in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Experience using machine learning techniques to solve problems involving high-dimension unstructured data.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate complex data science concepts and translate analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau, QlikView etc)
- Experience with Data science toolkits for ML and deep learning (SparkML, Tensorflow, Keras)
- Exposure to cloud computing (GCP preferably, AWS, Azure)
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
If you want more autonomy, better prospects, and a more exciting career, come and join us!