Introduction Data Scientists / Engineers are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation Acts as a key contributor to a
Data Scientists / Engineers are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation
- Acts as a key contributor to a pre-sales Client Engineering team, partnering with clients to understand business problems and propose solutions
- Contributes to co-creation of rapid proofs of concept and Minimal Viable Solutions that demonstrate business value, leading to client investment in strategic solutions
- Translates business problems into leading-edge analytics solutions using consulting skills, industry expertise and technical knowledge
- Delivers meaningful insights and predicts emerging trends to inform business solutions that optimize client value
- Familiar with Data Engineering techniques to gather, prepare, cleanse, and transform client data for analysis and AI automation
What role specific skills should you have?
Data Scientist requires deep understanding of machine learning (ML) algorithms and statistical methods to prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling to solve a specific business problem. They need to collaborate with data engineers in architecting and optimizing data pipelines for production-ready models. Experience/skills:
- Experience with statistical SW and programming languages (R, Python, SPSS) and database languages (SQL)
- Ability to research, explore, examine and find patterns in data to answer industry and business questions
- Ability to evaluate and improve the data sets quality
- Ability to prototype and build data pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Possesses deep technical expertise and business domain knowledge in their select specialty areas, including Data Science, Site Reliability, Cloud, Data, Automation, DevOps, and Security demonstrated by advanced degrees, certifications and relevant work experience
- Learns and applies relevant industry experience to establish credibility with the client
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and continuous learning; stays current on IBM strategy and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
- During the pre-sales process, partners with the client and members of the Client Engineering team to co-create solutions that leverage IBM offerings to solve the client’s business challenges
- Iterates on the solution, in Agile fashion, to react to client feedback and demonstrate rapid progress
- Uses Design Thinking and Garage methods to to document pain points and opportunities; illustrate new process designs and journey maps and visualize transformation outcomes
- In a dynamic, fast-paced pre-sales environment, designs and implements innovative solutions, ensuring that interdependencies with other functions are addressed
- Collaborates with others to validate new analytical approaches, share and learn from best practices
- Demonstrates growth mindset by being eager to understand clients’ business processes, their potential for transformation, and learn new technologies and methods continuously
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years as a Data Scientist with a deep understanding of Statistics, Machine Learning, NLP/NLU
- At least 4 years of experience with identifying data sources, transforming data, and the use of Frameworks (e.g., MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SparkML, scikit-learn) to help our customers build ML models
- Creative mind and out of the box thinking and you write code with Python, R, Scala, Java, C++ & G0
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and ability to understand business problems, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to influence solution design.
- Can leverage a variety of structured and unstructured data sources, analytics, AI tools and programming languages to derive meaningful data insights (e.g., Python, Spark, TensorFlow, Jupyter etc.).
- Fluent English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters or PhD in a highly quantitative field (Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience Consulting with client and taking on and solving complex business problems related to data, Ability to thrive in a startup environment and deliver on the end goals
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Experience and Ability to work across multi clouds (IBM, AWS, GCP and Azure)
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.