The Commercial Team and the Firm AG advises national and blue-ship global companies across corporate, commercial, finance and project, real estate and litigation business divisions with specialist
The Commercial Team and the Firm
AG advises national and blue-ship global companies across corporate, commercial, finance and project, real estate and litigation business divisions with specialist fields such as private capital; energy, financial services, health and life sciences, real estate, retail and consumer, construction and transport sectors; and considers digital & technology as a subsector to all its specialist fields.
The firm has a track record of innovation in the design and delivery of legal services. Its Intelligent Delivery approach (AG ID), is a fusion of smart people, flexible resourcing, savvy technology, innovative processes and strategic consulting, providing a platform for new thinking, beyond pure legal advice.
Our data protection team is an international group, part of each AG office in the UK and internationally within our Commercial practice. The Data team comprises two key sub-groups: the Data Protection Team and the Reputation and Information Protection Team.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Addleshaw Goddard we recognise the importance of nurturing an inclusive culture to help us attract, retain and enable our people to be the best we can be. Cultural diversity is a key measure of our success and we are committed to reporting progress to the Board on a biannual basis, acknowledging that culturally diverse teams are now more innovative and agile.
We provide a comprehensive package of support for parents, offer a range of programmes to promote gender balance, have a flourishing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ+) network across all of our offices, and run an on-going campaign to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues. AG’s inclusion programmes are supported by a dedicated HR team and a wide group of partners, fee earners and business services staff from across the firm.
There is also a commitment to encourage and enable existing employee networks and forums to lead on events and localised activities that promote an inclusive culture.
We now have four employee networks including:
- Ability Forum (our disability and carers’ network)
- AG Embrace (our race and ethnicity network)
- OpenAG (our LGBTQ+ network)
- The Vine (our women’s network)
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Data Protection lawyer (mid-level Associate through to Managing Associate) to join our award-winning group in London. The ideal candidate will:
- be 2 PQE (or above); Associate or Managing Associate Level
- be an excellent data/technical lawyer and have a pragmatic and commercial approach to advising on and resolving issues;
- have extensive experience in data protection law, including GDPR and PECR, across various sectors, and used to work on international projects;
- have experience of supervising junior lawyers, managing data protection projects and being the point of contact with clients;
- be a team player, motivated and keen to progress to more senior roles within AG; and
- be ambitious and want to help grow the practice and take an active role in core initiatives in the firm.
Travel across our offices is expected from time to time and we actively encourage flexible working. Ideally, you will be based in Scotland for this role.
What Can I Expect From This Role?
The candidate we are seeking would sit within the Data Protection Team which forms part of the wider Commercial group (which includes IP, Technology & Outsourcing, Competition and Data Protection). It is an exceptionally successful non-contentious group with market leading teams across the group. We are ranked Tier 1 for Data Protection in Legal 500. The group is also ranked Tier 1 in Legal 500 for Commercial Contracts, for the TMT and for the Retail&Consumer sectors.
- Global GDPR compliance audits and remediation programmes;
- analysis and advice on technology projects and marketing innovations, including lawful basis, transparency, PECR compliance and accountability documentation;
- drafting and negotiating vendor DPAs and controller/controller data sharing agreements, including data transfer issues;
- dealing with GDPR/PECR compliance in the context of corporate acquisitions; and
- managing outsourced DSARs.
- dealing with data breach incident response, reporting and subsequent claims of regulatory investigations.
- advising on international data transfers including transfer impact assessments and BCRs.
- supporting DPIAs and new technologies such as AI, IoT, blockchain, etc…
- advising on cybersecurity matters.
What’s In It For You?
As a firm, we aim to provide a positive experience to everyone who works here and our focus on financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits ensures that this experience goes beyond the nine-to-five. As part of this mission, some of the benefits employees of AG can expect are;
- Flexible and agile working
- Life assurance & income protection
- Competitive employer matched pension contribution rate
- Health and wellbeing subsidiary, up to £180 per year
- One day per year to volunteer (as part of our CSR initiative)
- Buy/sell holidays (up to 5 days each year)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives such as The Mindful Business Charter, Mental Health Champions and 1:1 sessions with an in-house professional
- Talent referral bonus incentives
- AG Excellence awards for the recognition of exceptional effort
- Opt in private medical and private dental insurance
- Opt in annual health screening
- Voluntary critical illness cover
- Annual discretionary bonus plan’
AG is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to having a diverse team and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities, particularly those from underrepresented demographics. We want our recruitment practices to be as inclusive as possible, so please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process to help you perform to your best. We actively encourage flexible working.
MEET THE RECRUITER
Email Briony Hannah: email@example.com
Speak with Briony Hannah:
- Location:Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, Remote
- Vacancy Type:Qualified Lawyers
- Business Area:Commercial Services
- Contract Type:Permanent
WEALTH & PROTECTION
HEALTH & WELLBEING