Company Description Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transa
Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Verse is an EU licensed electronic money institution, which under its digital wallet, allows its customers to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select countries across the European Union.
In partnership with Cash App and the rest of the Block ecosystem, we are building a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at https://verse.me/careers.
The Verse Data Team is a one-stop team for cross-functional data needs now scaling with the needs of the business handling everything from data architecture and modelling to data pipeline tooling and dash-boarding. We are a data-driven company: data engineering and analytics are central to everything we do and our team is working hard to build the infrastructure to keep Verse going strong.
Verse is looking for a Data Lead to help define, develop and manage curated datasets, key business metrics and reporting. You will lead a team of three (and growing) and you will be responsible to architect, implement and manage Data Models, pipelines and ETLs that will enable various teams access consistent metrics across our ecosystem.
We are looking for a leader who combines a strong technical background with excellent team leadership abilities, and who can develop cross-functional relationships.
- Set the vision and roadmap for the Verse Data Team. Look beyond the immediate asks on the team to prioritise infrastructure initiatives that will enable the team to scale to meet its future needs
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimising curated datasets and schemas with standardised metrics and definitions across the the organisation
- Develop, deploy, maintain, and optimise data models, pipelines, ETL jobs and visualisation
- Model data in Looker or similar visualisation tools, to empower data access and self-service resources so your expertise can be leveraged where it is most impactful
- Responsible for the team building/maintaining alerts, dashboards, and metrics to monitor availability and quality of live data, features and models
- Work closely with technical partners in the Machine Learning team on designing and developing robust data structures and highly reliable data pipelines
- Partner with functional leads to understand their data and reporting requirements, and translating them into definitions and technical specifications (PRD)
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed to resolve critical business issues
- 7+ years of analytical experience in data engineering, data science, or product / BI analytics
- Experience managing and developing a team covering both individual development as well as overall team strategy
- Proven track record of managing relationships and delivering data engineering projects in partnership with a wide variety of teams and functions
- Expert knowledge in data modelling concepts and implementation
- Strong technical accomplishments in ETLs and data analysis skills
- Expertise in visualisation technologies including Looker, Tableau, and others
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience.
- Self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Proactivity on continuously research for innovations in the field to scale the systems at the same speed as Verse does
- Exceptional time management skills; has the ability to multi-task and triage the evolving responsibilities of the role.
- Superb communication and organisation skills, with the ability to simplify and present complex engineering and analytical concepts to an executive audience.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Job Type: Full-time