Data Engineer AWS
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU — people with an e
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world’s leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer AWS to join our AIA Team.
As a Data Engineer, your responsibilities includes to make requirement analysis, understanding the functional aspects of the clients’ requirement and efficient task execution like raise clarifications / issues / concerns regarding work output to the lead on time. You have to manage adherence to schedule / timelines, maintain effective working relationship (interpersonal) with team members and supervisors and adhere to organization policies and procedures. Participation in calls/status reporting and daily standup calls for the project.?
You will become an active member of the Data Engineer team that works closely with other disciplines/roles and that shares experience in Digital Transformation projects in a dynamic environment with multiple roles, using last technologies according to development/test standards and corporate architecture policies.?
- Evaluate the complexity and feasibility of machine learning solutions based on the state of the art, industry standards and market trends.
- Frame business needs as machine learning problems and select the evaluation metrics that are most relevant to the business.
- Identify, explore and prepare large-scale datasets, including structured, image and text data.
- Design, build and evaluate machine learning models for a wide range of use cases, including both deep learning and classical methods.
- Communicate with stakeholders and other teams.
- Technical coordination and mentoring of a team of data scientists.
You will become an active member of the AIA team that works closely with other disciplines/roles and that shares experience in Digital Transformation projects in a dynamic environment with multiple roles, using last technologies according to development/test standards and corporate architecture policies.
- 2-4 years professional experience as Data Engineer.
- Professional experience in AWS (Lambda, Fargate, ECS, S3, SNS, GLUE,ATHENA, RDS, IAM, CLOUDFORMATION). Version control (GIT, CI/CD). Python 3. Spark. Libraries Pandas and NumPy.
- Fluent Spanish and English (B2).
Nice to Have Skills:
- AWS Certification.
- Agile Methodologies.
- Kowledge/Experience in Query Builiders like PyPika.
- Knowledge on designing and definition, optimization, normalization of relational databases.
- Experience working with SQLAlchemy and Pandas Dataframes and integrating them for transparent use of the data access layer in relational persistence layers.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL in production environments.
- Knowledge of software analysis (requirements analysis, since the position requires interacting with stakeholders from different business areas of the company, not necessarily technological).
- Knowledge and/or experience in Data Governance.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
What We Offer:
Apart from participating in multiple projects and the opportunity of working with the industry’s latest technologies, Cognizant strives to be a great company to work for and you should expect a competitive base salary and various benefits, such as:
- International working environment with diverse team
- Flexible working hours and hybrid or remote mode.
- Yearly Bonus.
- Training and career development opportunities: Career path locally and internationally. Specific trainings in both technical and soft skills.
- Private healthcare and additional life insurance.
- A culture of Respect and Human Empowerment.
- Company sponsored activities and partnerships.
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding global organization, within multicultural teams.
- Pleasant and inspiring working atmosphere.
- Inclusion and diversity in practice.
- Employee referral program in place.
- Employee volunteering programs and opportunities.
- Access to different internal events, communities and initiatives.
Cognizant Technology Solutions (https://www.cognizant.com) leads Digital Transformation initiatives. We work in latest technologies like Cloud computing, Micro-services, Digital Enablement, Machine Learning, Blockchain etc. When you choose this position at Cognizant, you will get opportunity to upgrade your career in the Digital sphere covering Agile, DevOp & Cloud native development. This opportunity will bring you to work with highly skilled and professional teams that are enabling our clients in Azure DevOps, SAFe, Monitoring, Analytics etc.
Cognizant has transformed her clients to deliver the solutions using Digital way of working. In this position, you would leverage your knowledge to shift from traditional way of Agile-DevOps to cloud native adoption. While doing so you will add value to the client for improving productivity, quality, and time to market in a cost effective way. You will be working in highly productive SAFe teams and modernize the software delivery processes while focusing on people and technologies.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Feb 24 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.