Data Engineer Date: May 16, 2023 Location: Kraków, PL, 30-302 Łódź, PL, 90-118 Poznan, PL, 61-725 Warszawa, PL, 00-
Why join GFT?
You will work with and learn from top IT experts. You will join a crew of experienced engineers: 60% of our employees are senior level.
Interested in the cloud? You will enjoy our full support in developing your skills: training programs, certifications and our internal community of experts. We have strong partnerships with top cloud providers: Google, Amazon and Microsoft – we are number one in Poland in numbers of GCP certificates. Apart from GCP, you can also develop in AWS or Azure.
We are focused on development and knowledge sharing. Internal expert communities provide a comfortable environment where you can develop your skillset in areas such as blockchain, Big Data, cloud computing or artificial intelligence.
You will work in a stable company (32 years on the market) in demanding and challenging projects for the biggest financial institutions in the world.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Engineer or DataOps Engineer
- Knowledge of basic Big Data and Data Management concepts
- Strong programming experience with Python, including data manipulation libraries: Pandas, NumPy
- Experience implementing Spark data pipelines in batch processing
- Experience in data serialisation formats: JSON, PARQUET, ORC, AVRO
- Understanding database storage types and usage scenarios e.g. SQL / NoSQL, Row / Column oriented, In-memory, etc
- SQL and schema design skills
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of build tools: pip / conda / wheel (Data Engineer with Python) Maven / Gradle (Data Engineer with Java)
- Practical knowledge of version control and CI tools
Nice to have:
- Practical knowledge of Agile processes & tooling: Jira, Confluence, Kanban, Scrum etc
- Knowledge of at least one of the main clouds: AWS ,GCP or Azure
- Streaming technologies e.g. Kafka
We offer you:
- Working in a highly experienced and dedicated team
- Competitive salary and extra benefit package that can be tailored to your personal needs (private medical coverage, sport & recreation package, lunch subsidy, life insurance, etc.)
- Permanent or B2B contract
- On-line training and certifications fit for career path
- Free on-line foreign languages lessons
- Regular social events
- Access to e-learning platform
- Ergonomic and functional working space with 2 monitors (you can also borrow monitors for your home office)