Description About IriusRisk We are a young cybersecurity scale-up with a mission to make secure design a de facto practice for all software applications. Our automated threat modeling produ
We are a young cybersecurity scale-up with a mission to make secure design a de facto practice for all software applications. Our automated threat modeling products make the process of secure design fast, easy, and accessible to non-security experts.
Threat modeling as a practice is maturing, for example through the recent inclusion of “Insecure Design” in the OWASP Top 10, and Gartner puts the market at 2-5 years from mainstream. Building on this and following a successful Series B funding round in 2022, IriusRisk has grown significantly over the past two years. And it continues to grow. With a remote-first and inclusive culture we are able to hire some of the best talent in Europe, the Americas and Australia. Our IriusRisk Technical Advisory Board is made up of key industry leaders and helps to inform the development of our platform, addressing the software security challenges that our customers face. Those customers include household names in the financial services and technology industries, and our customer base and verticals continue to expand – from cryptocurrency to medical devices and IoT.
An evolving company
As a company we believe in continuous improvement, both at a personal and at an organizational level. Change is the only constant. So, we must be willing to challenge the status quo and find better ways of doing things. We have recently introduced OKRs as a way to increase transparency and alignment across the company and to focus on what really matters. Our engineering teams are cross-functional and agile product teams that have end-to-end ownership of the value streams for their respective user personas. OKRs give the product teams problems to solve, not a list of features to implement. Product managers and engineering leads work closely with our awesome Customer Care team to understand the challenges and requests coming from customers, and we have a customer research and product discovery program to improve collaboration directly with customers on early ideas and designs. As a platform, IriusRisk has a modular-monolithic architecture written in Java and using the Vaadin framework, released as containers provided to on-prem customers or deployed to AWS as single-tenant SaaS. However, we have recently started to migrate the user interface to React which will give us much more flexibility and control over the UX. A while ago we started breaking IriusRisk code into Java modules. Now we are moving towards a more modular architecture with early adoption and experimentation with microservices. We recently formed a Platform team whose sole mission is to help the Product teams to be effective and efficient in delivering value to customers.
We are looking for an experienced senior developer with focus on data engineering to join our team. We need someone to use methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, creating algorithms and conducting statistical analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineering skills also include familiarity with several programming languages.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
What will you do?
- Design and build systems to collect, store, analyze and convert large amounts of data into usable information for product analysts to interpret.
- Choosing methods to collect and store data – and then implementing and maintaining those methods.
- Build, test, and maintain database pipeline architectures.
- Make data accessible so the organization can use it to evaluate and optimize our performance.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and management to understand company objectives.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
- Solid experience with Python and Java.
- Solid experience with SQL and noSQL.
- Solid experience with Linux.
- Solid experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Solid experience working on distributed systems.
- Be familiar with ETL processes and data warehousing.
- Automation and scripting experience.
- Be familiar with cloud computing, especially on AWS.
- Be familiar with data security.
- Be familiar with statistical methods used to analyze data.
- Agile problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, Knowi, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
Nice to have
- Machine learning.
- Big data tools like Kafka, Hadoop, MongoDB.
- API RESTful services.
- Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer).
What are we offering?
- 36 hours work week distributed in 4 or 5 working days
- 100% remote work!
- Great team collaboration between departments.
- An Agile development environment!
- We have a “Do it well” devops culture and we don’t fear investing time to do things right
the first time.
- Training and certifications related to your role.