Data Architect with Azure
Why join GFT?
You will work with and learn from top IT experts. You will join a crew of experienced engineers: 60% of our employees are senior level.
Interested in the cloud? You will enjoy our full support in developing your skills: training programs, certifications and our internal community of experts. We have strong partnerships with top cloud providers: Google, Amazon and Microsoft – we are number one in Poland in numbers of GCP certificates. Apart from GCP, you can also develop in AWS or Azure.
We are focused on development and knowledge sharing. Internal expert communities provide a comfortable environment where you can develop your skillset in areas such as blockchain, Big Data, cloud computing or artificial intelligence.
You will work in a stable company (32 years on the market) in demanding and challenging projects for the biggest financial institutions in the world.
What will you do?
At GFT, you will be working on designing and implementing state-of-the-art modern data processing systems for some of the biggest and most technologically advanced companies in the financial, IoT and retail sector. Often working directly with stakeholder and up to C-Level client representatives, our architects are experts in top-level system design and project scoping. You will be also involved in pre-sales support and technological research, providing directions for our tech community in Poland and representing GFT in the larger tech community.
- Proficiency in Apache Spark
- Solid Python / Java hands-on programming skills
- Excellent Azure familiarity, including core Azure data services (DataFactory, HDInsight, Synapse Analytics, Data Lake Storage)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Data structures and pipelines modelling
- Data Warehouse and Data Lake design
- Solid knowledge of Data Governance aspects (Data Catalogs, Data Lineage, Master Data Management etc.)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Machine Learning / MLOps
- Experience in pre-sales support
- Infrastructure as Code tooling and best practices
- Stream processing with Apache Kafka / Azure EventHubs and Confluent Platform
- Databricks Platform
- Experience in cloud database / data warehouse migration
- Data pipelines orchestration with DataFactory, Apache Airflow etc.
Benefits for Delivery:
- Talking to client architects / senior technical management as a subject matter expert
- Designing architecture (top level to low level) for data processing systems
- Scoping projects and providing high-level estimates
- Hands-on support for Data / Azure
- Design of Data Warehouses, Data Lakes
- Planning and execution of migration of databases and data warehouses to Azure or cloud-agnostic modern warehouses
- Master Data Management strategies: design, discussion, optimization
- Design of data models / flows for projects / systems
- Data pipelines optimization
- Design / optimization of Data Governance strategies for projects / systems / organizations
- Pre-sales support, with knowledge, know-how, presentations etc.
- Training other GFT employees
- Technical guidance in the Data / Azure space, for our employees and clients alike
- Providing a “track record” to credentialize GFT as a data-savvy organization
We offer you:
- Working in a highly experienced and dedicated team
- Competitive salary and extra benefit package that can be tailored to your personal needs (private medical coverage, sport & recreation package, lunch subsidy, life insurance, etc.)
- Permanent contract
- On-line training and certifications fit for career path
- Free on-line foreign languages lessons
- Regular social events
- Access to e-learning platform
- Ergonomic and functional working space with 2 monitors (you can also borrow monitors and office chair for your home office)