Our client is a global group of life-saving technology companies and their purpose is to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day. They are a globally disbursed busi
Environment: improving food and water quality, and monitoring air pollution.
Health: meeting rising healthcare demand as growing populations age and lifestyles change.
Recognizing the importance of creating digital business models to sustain our growth, they are implementing a new group-wide Technology strategy intended to facilitate future value
creation through the increased adoption of both operational and strategic technology. The scope of the technology initiatives within this strategy span Enterprise and Business
Application Architecture; Data and Analytics; Digital and IoT Platforms; and Core Technology Infrastructure.
assist the Chief Architect in ensuring that technology initiatives are designed to support my clients 4.0 growth strategy.
architecture for data to enable Halma’s companies to quickly go to market with new technologies and benefit through increased standardisation. Creating new use cases for
integration and data analytics that provide business value will also be a key area of responsibilities for this role.
Run feasibility studies and make recommendations for technology and vendor selection related to integration platforms and data architecture, followed by the
management of these for the emerging common core technology stack.
- Work closely with the Architecture team to ensure integration and data architectures are based on modern technologies that are scalable, secure, and offer benefits to the
business (such as straightforward integrations for BI) and therefore encourage adoption by the individual companies.
- Drive adoption of data orientated technology best-practice principles and solutions across the group, with the goals to aid strategic growth, increase simplification,
reduce implementation times, and lower costs. This will be achieved through:
- Recommend and taking responsibility for the implementation of underpinning integration technology platforms.
- Create a set of evolving reference data architectures for individual companies to refer to when adopting new data technology solutions.
- Provide best practice consulting expertise across the group for architectural
- strategy and implementation; equipping the companies with the tools to digitally transform.
- Contribute to the establishment of a list of preferred vendors to implement the reference architectures.
- Spearhead my clients adoption of BI and Data Science initiatives with practical experience of utilising Integration, Data and BI tools, such as Azure Data Factory,
Azure Integration Services and Power BI to achieve real-world results
- Own the solution design of the application integration platform and data architecture for my client’s HQ digital transformation, including consultation with the individual
companies to help them make decisions for their data architecture.
- Assess new technologies on an ongoing basis, such as blockchain, ML, AI, and understand how they might be implemented into Halma’s environment and what
benefit these innovations may bring.
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness, reduce costs and/or system risks and increase speed to
market including overseeing Proof of Concepts / Proof of Technologies.
- Ensure Security as a principle is incorporated into every technology strategy and solution devised.
- Work with partner organisations and service integrators to deliver on the key technology initiatives.
- Proven Technical Acumen – will have defined and executed enterprise wide integration and data focused roadmaps and commercialisation architectural
Technology strategies within the realms of the rapidly changing technology and security landscape. Be aware of significant trends affecting industries, whilst also
making credible business cases for emerging technologies and delivering innovative solutions. Possess a strong understanding of software systems architecture and
design approaches, with experience in informational, organisational and modern
- Operational Expertise – Experienced Integration Data Architect in a global company. Will have a track record of operational excellence, with experience in creating,
managing and executing Data strategies.
- Entrepreneurial, “can do approach” – Will be determined, creative, and resilient, with a ferocious work ethic. Will be highly resourceful and pragmatic and find a way to get
to the right answer. Will be comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial, high-growth investment environment, and understand the complexity and challenges of navigating
a business through this phase of its lifecycle.
- Commercial, Analytical and Strategic – Will have demonstrated previous success in using Technology, innovation and digitization ecosystems as a competitive advantage for commercialisation purposes. Will be highly data-driven and make commercial solutions based on a detailed and creative use of data and analytics. Will be effective at distilling complex issues into simple, commercially compelling plans and articulating them in an equally succinct manner. Will have a strategic mind-set, with exceptional clarity of thought and problem-solving capabilities. Will adopt a
hands-on approach, and be close to the detail, as needed. Must be consultative in approach.
- Cultural Fit – Will be non-political, energetic, hungry, smart, organised, collaborative, transparent, down-to-earth, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial. Have high
integrity, passionate, accountable, disciplined, detailed, a problem-solver, results- focused and a ‘can do’ attitude. Critically, must be empathic and intuitive with a
strong level of people skills and the ability to build strong relationships of trust at every level within the organisation. Must be a pragmatic, low-ego team-player with a
high degree of emotion
- 8 years+ experience in data architecture and integration including practical experience of implementing these technologies to provide tangible business benefits.
- Large scale design, implementation, and operations of OLTP, OLAP, DW and NoSQL data storage technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure SQL DW,
PostgreSQL, CosmosDB, RedisCache, Azure Data Lake Store, Hadoop, Hive,
MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, HBase
- An expert understanding of data integration strategies and the technology platforms that underpin them such as (X12, I.C.E, EDIFACT, AS2, Liquid, XML/XSLT, APIM).
- Design and configuration of data movement, streaming and transformation (ETL) technologies such as Azure Data Factory, HDF, Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Sqoop, SSIS,
LogicApps, Signiant, Aspera, MoveIT, Alteryx, Pentaho, IDQ,
- Multi-system data Integration using industry standards such as SOA, EAI, BPI and API using API Gateway, iPaaS and ESB technologies such as Apache Knox, Boomi,
Mulesoft, Tibco, Axway, Informatica, Workato, Jitterbit, SnapLogic, Apigee.
- Extensive experience in data visualization using technologies such as PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, D3, Spotfire, Qlik
- Experience in the extraction of value from data utilise BI toolsets to create tangible business benefits. Preferably utilising the Microsoft Azure technology stack.
- Strong understanding and skillset in how integration has evolved from an on-premise, centralised function towards being a digital, cloud and API-driven capability.
- Knowledge of conical model data model design techniques and their use in an enterprise-wide data / integration strategy.
- Experience assessing technologies and vendors offerings in areas such as data integration platforms, data persistence, transformation, reporting platforms, ML,
Blockchain, Cloud, security, data analytics and business intelligence.
- Previous experience creating analytics use cases and implementing them, preferably within the MS Azure technology stack.
- A strong understanding of modern database technologies including new innovations in the space.
- Experience in a delivery-orientated Technology environment using agile methodologies and tooling, such as Azure DevOps.
The clients office headquarters are located in Amersham in Buckinghamshire – 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is required)