Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking a technical consultant who will be a trusted advisor to IBM’s clients in software modernization projects.
- You will be a member of “Data and AI” technical professionals team based in Poland, cooperating with respective sales teams.
- You will be responsible for designing architecture of analytics solutions with focus on database layer, IBM Db2, Db2 Warehouse.
- You will be delivering workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, and Proof of Concepts while articulating business value for IBM’s „Data and AI” solutions, with focus on Db2 product family.
- Your role is strictly technical, however placed in sales context. Final project implementation will not be your responsibility – this activity is left for delivery teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep expertise in databases, preferably in IBM Db2 and IBM Netezza.
- Experience in designing or implementing analytical solutions (eg. data warehousing, BI, AI, …).
- Ability to understand business problems, articulate a corresponding solution based on IBM software, build a value proposition, and establish a compelling reason to act.
- Presentation and communications skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with competitive to Db2 databases and database related tools / concepts (replication, high availability)
- Knowledge of other types of data stores (non-relational, Hadoop, document databases)
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (preferred Open Shift)
- Knowledge of IBM analytical platform IBM Cloud Pak for Data
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.