The CRD Data Management Service (DMS) provides security data validatation services to our Clients. Using Charles River’s data validation engine, a daily data quality report is provided to each of our Clients. Any validation exceptions will be researched and resolved in a timely fashion. As a Data Specialist, you will be an integral player in providing key services to our Clients. You will be expected to run data validation for multiple clients. You must be self-motivated, self-driven and results oriented.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Analyse Client data requirements in equity and fixed income domain.
- Ensure data integrity by researching validation exceptions.
- Provide daily data quality reports to multiple clients.
- Research any data exceptions and challenge invalid data with vendors.
- Act as first line for client trouble reporting. Escalate as appropriate.
- Document new client requests issues and resolution.
- Monitor new client requests to ensure priority fields are populated correctly.
- Support future Data Service offerings.
- Monitor and support Benchmark and Reference data distribution.
- Support SaaS operations with client upgrades
What we value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – the ability to articulate issues, options and resolutions both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to multi -task.
- Proven ability to meet self-imposed deadlines and proactive account management skills.
- A track record of balancing the demands of multiple client accounts.
- Self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills and ability to propose and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Education & Preferred Qualification
- University degree (Finance/Technology/Engineering fields preferable)
- Exposure to and level of comfort with financial data.
- Knowledge in the following areas desirable but not essential; MS SQL Server, Excel, ETL Tools eg Kettle, Text Pad and/or other text manipulation tools
- General understanding of SaaS.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers