Introduction IBM’s Data & AI organization fuels enterprise’s journey to AI with data science. At IBM we build and scale AI with trust and transparency to drive digital transformation, deliver per
IBM’s Data & AI organization fuels enterprise’s journey to AI with data science. At IBM we build and scale AI with trust and transparency to drive digital transformation, deliver personalized customer experiences and help enterprises make more data-backed decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Data & AI organization is currently seeking a Brand Technical Specialist with experience in DataOps, Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Integration and/or Data Science solutions.
Brand Technical Specialist are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners. As a Brand Technical Specialist, you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements, and competitive landscape. You also apply your business insights, build, and maintain client relationships, incorporate software and services into client solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients.
In this role you will:
- actively develop and progress qualified opportunities with the IBM Sales Team;
- act as a deep technical expert in sales opportunities, and leverage your experience to make pre-sales engagements successful;
- collaborate with other internal IBM teams to drive unmatched customer satisfaction;
- maintain an understanding of the client’s industry, including industry trends, industry business processes;
- deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, and Proofs of Concept while articulating business value for our data management solutions;
- collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions;
- support customers across the sales cycle;
- assist with Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Information (RFI) and other technical questionnaires.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- minimum of 3 years of previous experience in a Technical Sales/Solution Consultant/Sales Engineer role or experience working as a data scientist in a business environment;
- experience with data governance solutions (Watson Knowledge Catalog, Collibra, Informatica, etc.)
- experience with data integration tools (DataStage, Talend, Azure Data Factory, SQL Server Integration Services, etc.);
- experience with relational and non-relational data stores (Hadoop, Object Stores, DB2, Netezza, MongoDB, EDB, etc.), data Lake and data fabric concepts;
- experience in data privacy and regulatory compliance regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, BCBS 239, HIPAA, etc;
- experience with IBM DataOps solutions (DataStage, InfoSphere, Data Replication, Watson Knowledge Catalog, MDM, etc.).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- experience with IBM Data Science solutions – Watson Studio and/or SPSS;
- experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark;
- experience working with the sales lifecycle and driving customer outcomes;
- excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization;
- driven and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence in everything they do;
- ability to build and maintain positive business relationships with peers and clients.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.