Introduction At Randori an IBM Company, we help defenders continuously assess their real-world security attack surface. Our automated Attack platform provides a red team experience designed to mi
At Randori an IBM Company, we help defenders continuously assess their real-world security attack surface. Our automated Attack platform provides a red team experience designed to mirror today’s adversaries, not yesterday’s threats. We partner with security teams to help them understand the art of the possible by delivering an unrivaled reconnaissance and attack experience, at scale.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you are partnering with the Account Executives in the pursuit of new business and supporting our customer success team ensuring successful deployments. You are the security subject matter expert to provide technical credibility focused on the customer adoption. This role will play an integral part in the opportunity lifecycle, with an emphasis on pre-sales but also working collaboratively with our post sales engagement team to ensure customer success.
You’ll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment with endless potential.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a technical resource to the pre and post sales organization.
- Represent Randori an IBM Company as a subject matter expert and effectively position technical value.
- Address and demonstrate how Randori an IBM Company solves customer problems.
- Evaluate customer environment, security posture, policies and tools.
- Gain technical buy-in, (including running POC’s, assisting in RFPs etc.) from customer stakeholders and help to drive and close business.
- Support the post-sales team with customer operationalization in support of customer renewals
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrate understanding of Information Security threat landscape, typical attack vectors and common remediation technologies available in the industry
- Demonstrate understanding of common compliance policies, and how IBM solutions meet those requirements.
- Have experience in technical solution design and architecture for security solutions, including product sizing, and technical and quality assurance processes.
- Be capable of presenting and articulating competitive differentiators relevant for specific scenarios.
- Have experience in presenting the value proposition of highly technical solutions to C-level executives.
- Have experience as an individual contributor and team leader successfully executing Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and extensive demonstrations in complex and competitive sales situations.
- Understand, and be able to articulate to clients, deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value.
- Show evidence of working cohesively with business partners to broaden customer relationships, transfer technical skills and ensure clients are provided with the best available IBM solutions.
- Show expertise in defining and delivering security architectures in complex multi-technology environments.
- Generally, experience with two or more of the following security technologies is expected:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Firewalls, Intrusion Detection / Prevention, Anti Malware, Email Security, Web Content Filtering, DDoS Protection, Mobile Device Security, Endpoint Detection & Response, Patch Management
- Experience or understanding of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard, SABSA)
- Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR)
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Consultative sales experience; strong team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Understand operational and security challenges in a large enterprise, common pain points and compliance requirements
- At least 3 years’ experience in a technical role with a system operations or security software company
- At least 3 years’ experience in evaluating, implementing, and/or running enterprise software products
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. Security +, Cyber Essentials, CISSP)
- Networking experience and/or certifications in areas such as: TCP/IP, OSI, Switching, Routing, NAT, VPN, WAN, ACL
- Understanding of common networking protocols such as: HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, RPC, FTP, DCHP and others
- Practical experience with Unix and Windows operating systems
- Experience of scripting eg Unix shell, PowerShell, etc.
- Understanding of service management at ITIL Foundation level
- Knowledge of Information Security Management Principles
- Strong appreciation of risk management
- Ability to translate complex technical terms into business IT language
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM ist es wichtig, Ihnen ein Arbeitsumfeld zu bieten, in dem Sie Ihr ganzes Potenzial voll entfalten können und die Möglichkeit haben, Ihren Arbeitstag flexibel zu gestalten. Wenn Sie Interesse daran haben, sprechen Sie uns bitte an, um herauszufinden, welche Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten im aktuellen Arbeitsumfeld bestehen.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.