Introduction IBM Common Licensing is a software-based solution that allows IBM software to run, using FLEXlm server, or user, based license keys, or activation files. It offers clients a way to manag
IBM Common Licensing is a software-based solution that allows IBM software to run, using FLEXlm server, or user, based license keys, or activation files. It offers clients a way to manage their license usage.
As a Customer Support Engineer you will be part of a global remote technical support team for IBM Common Licensing. You will be part of a worldwide team. You will act as a global team member contributing in a seamless 24×7 “follow-the-sun” support experience for our clients. You will get to work with customers from everywhere in the world. You will experience different cultures and thus different behaviors and attitudes with your customers and your peers, so you will need to be open to dealing with cultural differences.
You will go beyond the industry standard technical support practices. You are expected to become an expert of the product, with a strong knowledge of product internals and a good understanding of how licensing is utilized in IBM’s software portfolio. Your first priority is to assure the success of the clients through answering technical questions and resolving client product related issues.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving license issues, configuring license servers and user machines, on various operating systems, thereby often using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use a web-based support application, used to work on submitted support cases, assisting clients and providing answers and references to technical documentation. For more complex problems that require tailored instructions, you will contact clients via phone, or WebEx, and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
You will find this to be an excellent opportunity to work with the latest technologies and to grow your skills. You will be challenged to never stop learning. We want you to grow for our customers, for our company and last but not least for your own career.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with clients as subject matter expert to assist and expedite problem resolution during licensing download, installation, configuration and use by providing remote troubleshooting and guidance.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolating a problem cause (which includes interpreting log files)
- Work with Development Engineers for knowledge transfer and licensing code improvement and escalations.
- Partner with other support teams and service units to provide seamless problem resolution, offering a “one Support” experience to our clients.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the products supported by maintaining applicable technical knowledge and certification where possible.
- Provide technical support within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction, using the Keppner Tregoe troubleshooting methodology as guideline.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in your native language, English and at least one of the other support languages.
- Show flexibility in work schedule, so the organization can provide 24×7 global support coverage.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Thorough knowledge of the various operating systems (Windows/Linux/UNIX), including administration and troubleshooting
- Excellent technical software troubleshooting skills
- Thorough understanding of Computer Networks and Communications
- English : Fluent (read, write and speak)
- At least one other support language (French, German, Korean, Chinese, Japanese)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computing or Computer Science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Networks & Communications, or other related field.
- Kepner Tregoe Problem Solving course completion
- Chinese, Japanese, or Korean: Fluent (read, write and speak)
- Thorough user experience with IBM (Rational) and / or IBM Engineering software.
About Business UnitIBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop-shop that provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private, and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market-leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools, and supports Industry solutions. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM’s success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud-related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud-based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.