Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
AIOps is a software-based solution that allows you to ensure that your applications, multi-hybrid clouds, websites, and other critical infrastructure are running at peak performance.
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will participate in the worldwide remote technical support team for the AIOps products (some of which run on top of Openshift and thus require a good understanding of OpenShift, Docker and Kubernetes).
You will be part of an international team and organisation that is distributed around the globe. You will act as a global team member contributing to enable a seamless 24×7 “follow-the-sun” organisation. You will get to work with customers from everywhere in the world, you will experience different behaviours and attitudes with your customers and your peers and you will learn to deal with cultural differences.
You will go beyond the industry standard technical support practices. You are expected to become an expert of the product, with a strong knowledge of product internals and a good understanding of how the solution is utilised in the business arena. Your first priority is to assure the success of the clients through answering technical questions and resolving client product-related issues.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instructions, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
You will find this to be an excellent opportunity to work with the latest technologies and to grow your skills. You will be challenged to never stop learning. We want you to grow for our customers, for our company and last but not least for your own career.
- Work closely with clients as leading resolver to assist and expedite problem resolution during product implementation by providing remote troubleshooting and guidance
- Review diagnostic information to assist in the isolation of a problem cause (which includes interpreting traces and dumps)
- Synergistically work with Development Engineers for knowledge transfer and code improvement
- Partner with other support teams and service units to provide seamless problem resolution that leads to delightful client perceptions
- Demonstrate proficiency in the products supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications
- Provide technical support within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Provide weekend cover on a rota so the organisation can provide 24×7 support coverage
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computing or Computer Science.
- At least 3-years experience in Operating systems (Windows/Linux/UNIX) administration and troubleshooting
- At least 3-years experience in Problem-solving technical software issues
- At least 2-years experience in Computer Networks and Communications
- At least 2-years experience in OpenShift Container Platform/Kubernetes/Docker
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Networks & Communications or other related fields.
- Preferably 3-years experience with Application Performance Management concepts and products
- Preferably 3-year experience with OpenShift Container Platform/Kubernetes/Docker.
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.