Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Customer Success Manager (Architect) you will apply your technical skills to help our customers achieve their business outcomes with hybrid cloud & AI Growth Offerings. You will be responsible for use case identification, solution architecture design, MVP builds, and adoption of our Growth Offerings that run on Red Hat OpenShift.
You will also guide IT executives through the changes needed to unlock the full value of hybrid cloud, show users how to get value out of their solutions, identify expansion opportunities, and work with the renewal team to ensure execution of the renewal process.
You will be part of IBM’s new growing Customer Success Management (CSM) Team and be working directly with our customers at all levels to help achieve their business objectives. The CSM role is a fast growing discipline in the IT industry hence represent a great career path for the right candidates.
To be successful in this role you:
- Demonstrate a history of success as a consultant, pre-sales, technical account management, enterprise architect, or equivalent
- Deeply understand customer business and technology needs; become the face of IBM to the customer
- Serve as a trusted technical expert for the customer’s cloud migration, deployment, and adoption of Hybrid Cloud & AI Growth Offerings
- Have a proven track record of leading technical conversations and persuading others to take action based on requirements and value provided by solutions
- Have handled difficult customers or situations and can demonstrate resolutions
- Willingness to take initiative and tackle things on your own
- Ability to navigate data and people to find answers
- Execute customer success plan to drive adoption post-deployment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical understanding and hands-on experience with Containers, OpenShift, Value Prop, Use Cases, Competitive Differentiation
- Technical understanding of IBM Middleware / Software / Cloud Services
- Experience with enterprise software implementations
- Ability to show customers how to “use” the offerings to get to first productive use and proactive expansion
- Can build a growth plan to demonstrate how Growth Offerings will deliver customer outcomes
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of enterprise software implementations, SaaS / IaaS / PaaS and cloud applications
- Strong interpersonal relationship building and executive communications skills
- Can manage multiple customer accounts and projects simultaneously
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5-10 years of experience in Customer Success, Professional Services and/or Services Industries, Technical Sales (e.g., technology or management consulting)
- Experience working with OpenShift and Hybrid Cloud & AI Growth Offerings
- Experience working in B2B Enterprise Software, SaaS / IaaS / PaaS and/or Cloud
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.