Research and commission the most ground-breaking and innovative artworks and exhibitions by both established and new-generation artists, using the latest…...
Overview: Reporting to the Director, the Curator will lead the research, commission, development, presentation, interpretation, and promotion of art, exhibitions and programs by VIVE Arts.
The Curator serves as a key member of the senior management team and must bring strong management experience, a track record of innovative, influential and international projects, and a desire to create a distinctive and sustainable program in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Work with the Director and members of the VIVE Arts Executive Team to establish the direction, goals and priorities for VIVE Arts’ commissions, exhibitions and traveling exhibitions, acquisitions and collection, publications, and interpretation based on VIVE Arts’ core mission and goals.
- Research and commission the most ground-breaking and innovative artworks and exhibitions by both established and new-generation artists, using the latest digital technologies, including but not limited to VR, XR, 5G, blockchain, to address the most relevant issues of our time, transcending boundaries of disciplines and languages.
- Work with the technical team and the VIVE Arts Executive Team to oversee the development, production and presentation of the commissions and exhibitions. Deliver artistic excellence, intellectual rigor, and radical innovation.
- Enhance and expand VIVE Arts’ global network and partnerships with museums, cultural institutions, collectors/collections, artists, curators, real estate developers, city governments, investors and other stakeholders to negotiate traveling exhibitions, acquisitions, and cultivate partnerships for new initiatives.
- Work with the VIVE Arts Executive Team to develop a systematic plan to strengthen VIVE Arts’ international influence through publications, public programming, PR and marketing campaigns, as well as distribution channel/platform innovation.
- Actively amplify VIVE Arts’ mission and vision, and contribute to the public consciousness of art + technology by frequently attending prestigious panels and events, accepting interviews and public speaking opportunities, as well as as well as producing critical writing for influential publications and platforms.
- Provide appropriate planning and consultation to shape the architectural planning and displays for future VIVE Arts gallery spaces and other spaces for touring exhibitions.
- Advise on education and public programs that help expand audienceship.
- Prepare curatorial budgets, plans, and periodic reports on commissions, exhibitions, collections, traveling exhibitions, etc.
- The Curator’s responsibilities are expected to evolve as the organization evolves.
- Master’s degree in art history or related field, PhD or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of demonstrated applied curatorial experience at established museums and cultural institutions. Experience in digital and new media exhibitions highly preferred.
- Demonstrated extensive international work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing substantial project and program budgets
- Demonstrated publications in English language
- Very flexible with working with teams across time zones
- Very flexible with working with partners and collaborators across industries and cultures
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent