About Pretoria: Pretoria is a genesis mainnet validator on the Celo network and is currently expanding into other blockchain protocols – including in the growing DeFi and open finance ecosystem. W
Pretoria is a genesis mainnet validator on the Celo network and is currently expanding into other blockchain protocols – including in the growing DeFi and open finance ecosystem.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an exceptional Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who is passionate about building businesses and teams to lead and own the end-to-end success of this disruptive Blockchain startup.
About the role:
Design, engineer, and monitor blockchain protocols running on cloud architecture at the core of Pretoria’s validating services. Validating on the Celo protocol since genesis, Pretoria is expanding our suite of nodes and requires an engineer with a working knowledge of blockchain protocols and ability to quickly evaluate and deploy new protocol stacks.
This is a full stack role with a focus on cloud engineering and monitoring rather than direct application programming. You are expected to leverage the current technical implementations and propose purposeful development and refactoring in secure blockchain environments with funds at stake.
Pretoria additionally hosts web assets that provide popular tooling and visualizations for our blockchain protocols. These assets need to be refactored for performance, cost, and genericized for new networks as our stable of protocols increases.
You are a cryptocurrency, blockchain, decentralisation, and open-source champion and advocate.
- Familiar with blockchain patterns, tools, and common protocols (Celo network a plus)
- Cloud system architecture (AWS experience or certification a plus)
- Linux server networking, security and management
- Automation, CI/CD scripting and maintenance (Terraform or CloudFormation a plus)
- Relational and document database management and tuning
- Lambda / cloud functions
- Docker / Kubernetes design and management
- React / Typescript / general web design principles and monitoring
- Experience with common blockchain protocols nice to have; Geth/Go etc
- Experience with the Serverless framework nice to have
- Comfortable working in a small team and self-managing workflow, milestones, and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in Reactjs/Vue and core front-end technologies
- Proven experience with cloud-native technologies (preferably Amazon’s AWS)
- Good knowledge of REST, RPC’s, APIs and experience in building and deploying software (CI/CD)
- Good experience in databases, Unix systems, Git and test automation frameworks
- Hands-on experience with Tensorflow, Keras or similar ML frameworks
- Familiarity with Go and C/C++
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with big data technologies and stream processing (Spark, Kafka etc)
- You have proven record of leading teams
- You know how to communicate complex things
- Ideally you have already founded a company or have been closely involved in company leadership
What to expect working with us
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture
- Have the support of a 60-person strong team, focused on developing a pipeline of market transforming ventures
- Have the opportunity to de-risk your startup journey, from the beginning and profit from your investment on the way
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment, with a culture of supporting founders in the good and hard time
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.