Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients’ investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 2,900 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
- Gather large (millions) and small (dozens) sized datasets relating to the cryptocurrency industry
- Generate digestible visualizations of the key conclusions that matter to our clients
- Keep abreast of news and developments on the industry
- Contribute to written research reports and presentation slides
- Answer client questions about our research and current events
- Knowledge or experience of retrieving data from web APIs using Python and databases using SQL
- Ability to extract useful data from a wide variety of sources such as blockchains, web sentiment, company statements, news releases, etc.
- Knowledge or experience of performing statistical analysis using Python and Excel
- Ability to produce attractive visualizations
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in financial markets
- Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a leading university
- Teamwork: liaise back and forth with other analysts to produce joint research reports
- Communication: clearly present team research views to internal and external clients via spoken presentations and one-on-one written communications
- Responsibility: have a desire and ability to work autonomously
- Genuine interest in the cryptocurrency markets and technologies
- Strong attention to detail and tidy presentation of work
- Real world experience with Python, writing research or commentary in any field and leading projects from start to finish
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.