Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
Kraken is expanding its Intelligence team! This is an opportunity to join Kraken’s in-house team of research experts focused on providing industry insights for market participants and for internal business decisions. As a member of Kraken Intelligence, you will be tasked with exploring and analyzing industry trends, producing highly impactful and original content, working internally with key stakeholders, supporting colleagues, and growing the Intelligence brand. As crypto, Kraken, and the Intelligence team grows, so will you.
The Crypto Research Associate will play a vital role in producing research content for internal and external consumption, growing the team’s brand awareness, and contributing to the team’s industry thought leadership.
- Support the Manager of Kraken Intelligence in conducting research, unpacking industry developments, and monitoring market trends
- Spearhead external research efforts and develop differentiated content based on research, analytics, and related insights
- Contribute to the team’s content ideation, dissemination strategy, and brand awareness initiatives
- Analyze and produce managerial reports for research KPIs
- Work with other teams in a generalist capacity, as needed
- Support other functions, including corporate and business development, to identify and capture additional value-enhancing opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field and at least 2+ years of relevant work experience in equity research, investment banking, venture capital, strategy consulting, economics, computer science, or a similar capacity
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and proven ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Existing knowledge of the cryptoasset industry
- Exceptional research and analytical skills and advanced proficiency in Excel
- Detail-oriented with emphasis on quality
- A team player that works well with various functions across the company and can work independently.
- Experience with cryptoasset or traditional market analysis
- The ability to think critically under pressure, simultaneously maintain multiple workflows, and deliver against aggressive deadlines
- Experience with APIs, HTML, Python, SQL, and/or Tableau (or other data visualization tools)
- An understanding of smart contracts, cryptography, tokeneconomics, blockchain technology, and Web 3.0.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us