About Kraken As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consume
- Prepare bank and clients’ account reconciliation. Ensure reconciliations files are available and up to date for internal / External Audit and Regulatory examinations.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ability to prepare and investigate variances; including reconciling Intercompany Ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring the correct book-keeping and compliance with applicable accounting standards.
- Assisting the team with the preparation of budgets, forecasts and production of monthly management accounts in line with the group reporting timetable and the deadlines at an entity level.
- Assistance with the preparation of periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, forecasts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Treasury management, responsible for preparing reconciliations of daily settlements, to be reviewed by the team.
- Business partnering with non-financial managers and stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- Liaising with senior members of the team and group to gain exposure and assist with implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Transactional posting / GL reconciliation
- Maintain Fixed assets, depreciation and amortization register.
- Assisting management with the day to day running of the purchase order system and validating that all POs have been correctly submitted and chasing for relevant information from heads of departments where necessary.
- Taking the initiative to support the team in ad-hoc projects
- Prepared to be involved with audit-related queries and assist the team where necessary
- Hybrid working environment – collaborating across teams and different group companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Inquisitive and innovative; helping the team to drive improvements through efficiency
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Professional demeanour and highly ethical
- Driven to learn and develop technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Achieved/working towards a recognized accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Degree in Accounting with 4 – 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience working within cryptocurrency, brokerage exchange, fintech or financial services or comparable company environment is desirable
- Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects, and to multi-task and operate under deadlines
- Knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment
- Working experience with ERP systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, SUMIF
Kraken Futures and its associates operates an exciting and dynamic businesses with continuous growth. Through 2021 the company’s revenue increased exponentially, thereby increasing both the firm’s market share and making the company more competitive. Exponential growth is expected to continue in 2022 and beyond. The firm has a very relaxed and social culture and are hoping to find people who are equally dynamic and ambitious.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn