You will receive certified training. Configure monitoring and alerting systems for the applications and platform-services. Market Leading Salary + Annual Bonus....
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm, headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade Building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It’s been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always providing value to the customer. Throughout the years, we’ve built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You’ll find a bit of everything here, and we are always looking to take on new endeavours.
We want to expand our talented teams and are excited to be creating a new centre of excellence in Belfast. We are building teams that are fully functional with leadership, back-end and front-end development, data engineering, testing and DevOps Support, located in Northern Ireland.
As a DevOps Engineer at PEAK6 Technologies, you’ll have a key role in supporting our Products. Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative. We continuously innovate our platforms by applying a critical eye to emerging technology. We value engineers who are curious. We believe blending experience with innovation leads to great ideas. You will receive certified training.
What you will do all day:
- Configure monitoring and alerting systems for the applications and platform-services.
- Ensure systems are documented and can be easily maintained by all team members.
- Ensure disaster recovery solutions are in place, tested, and well documented.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure the proper operation of the new PEAK6 platform.
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise.
- Automate tasks to drive consistency, reduce complexity, and eliminate human involvement wherever possible.
- Work as a part of small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, continuous delivery, peer reviews, and strong engineering practices.
What you will need to succeed:
- The permanent right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other demanding engineering degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven professional experience working as a part of a multi-person engineering team, doing code reviews, testing, CI, and/or other modern software practices.
- Scripting experience in languages like Python or Bash.
- Exposure to Linux systems and application orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, etc).
- Experience in RDBMS design and writing SQL queries.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities, with the ability to quickly understand technical systems using a variety of methods. These include, reading code, documentation, logs, and digging into raw data through various interfaces.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and improve on existing approaches and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to cater your approach to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adaptability: while you enjoy establishing process and standards, you understand the need to be flexible and enjoy trying new things.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a distributed team.
- A DevSecOps mindset and a driving desire to deliver value through software.
- Understanding of cryptocurrency.
- Financial services industry knowledge.
As part of our interview process, you will meet with members of both our Belfast and US offices. Everyone you meet, shares the same values: Open and Honest Communication, Teamwork and Collaboration, Involving Everyone, Leaders Who Serve and Personal Accountability.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
- Market Leading Salary + Annual Bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus 10 NI national holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Private health insurance for medical, dental & optical
- Life Insurance
- Great work/life balance, flexible working hours
- Parental leave allowance
- Modern city centre office
- Monthly catered lunches
- Weekly breakfast
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Discounted gym membership
- Hackathon events
- Poker tournaments
- Charitable matching gift program
- All interviewing and onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we have always offered flexible working at PEAK6, please note that our roles will eventually feature some return to office, following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
Job Type: Full-time