Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a General Lawyer to fill a position in the Legal Department of IBM Switzerland Ltd in Zurich/Geneva. As a General Lawyer for IBM you will be self-motivated and able to support IBM’s contract engagements in the commercial and public sectors. You must be skilled and qualified to practice commercial and contracts law in this jurisdiction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiating, drafting and advising upon a variety of commercial arrangements, to include master services agreements; framework agreements, agreements for the supply and support of hardware and software, XaaS agreements, as well as having or being able to build expertise in key subject areas such as cyber security, data privacy, intellectual property, anti-trust law. Also supporting key legal projects as required from time to time. Strong experience negotiating contracts with outside counsel representing vendors and/or enterprise users is relevant and desired.
Your tasks will be supporting internal clients, negotiating with customers and preparing senior management decisions, comprehensive legal support of transactions and projects with significantly high volume, professional, fast-paced and accurate legal advice with an eye for the essentials in an international environment – right from the start.
As successful applicants you will be:
- Extremely bright and engaging with openness for new matters, great team spirit, fun at work and humor you will fit to our team
- You must be skilled and qualified to practice commercial and contracts law in this jurisdiction (admission to the bar)
- Above average state examinations/degrees, certified in Law (Master’s Degree), with sound professional experience (not necessarily acquired in IT law), ideally from working for an international law firm
- Sure manner, assertiveness and the ability to convey complex issues in a catchy manner are prerequisite
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both, German and English, preferably also in French
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
as per the Key Requirements
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
as per the Key Requirements
About Business UnitIBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.