About Kraken Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to bec
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,500+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
This role is fully remote
The DevOps Engineer – Telemetry is critical to the Kraken platform and infrastructure. You are smart, highly skilled, and self-motivated, with a penchant for out-of-the-box thinking. You are a developer who is interested in deployment and network operations, or you’re already somewhere on the journey to being a fully fledged DevOps practitioner.
You’ll be joining the production engineering team to provide software engineering and cloud infrastructure support and advice across the public-facing businesses, as well as becoming part of the wider DevSecOps team, and the global (and world-class) Security, IT and DevOps team.
You’ll become a member of a 55+ FTE DevSecOps team, and will be expected to contribute and learn across the full cloud engineering stack. You will be (or will become) a “T-shaped” individual with enormous potential to further your career in the burgeoning DevSecOps domain, with the guidance of industry leaders in Security and DevOps, and alongside a mature team of true polyglots and talented microservices developers.
At Kraken, our culture and our people are at the core of our strategy, and the future growth and health of our company rests on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent in the industry.
- Enable a high level of visibility into the state of services and infrastructure
- Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure;
- Write good quality policies, procedures and technical documentation;
- Nurture security awareness in the organization, produce material to support this, and relate this to the current threat landscape;
- Be familiar with risks introduced to organization by third parties, and processes to mitigate these;
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security;
- Have a “finger on the pulse” of current challenges and exploits in the ecosystem;
- Be an active participant in a truly world class global security organization.
- Optional: relevant and well-regarded certifications in cloud computing such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level;
- Optional: advanced security accreditation such as CISSP, OSCP, CASP, Security+.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent