About Kraken Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution! Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and incl
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 2500 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
This role is fully remote
The DevOps Engineer is critical to the Kraken platform and infrastructure. You are smart, highly skilled, and self-motivated, with a penchant for out-of-the-box thinking. You are a developer who is interested in deployment and network operations, or you’re already somewhere on the journey to being a fully fledged DevOps practitioner.
You’ll be joining the production engineering team to provide software engineering and cloud infrastructure support and advice across the public-facing businesses, as well as becoming part of the wider DevSecOps team, and the global (and world-class) Security, IT and DevOps team.
You’ll become a member of a 55+ FTE DevSecOps team, and will be expected to contribute and learn across the full cloud engineering stack. You will be (or will become) a “T-shaped” individual with enormous potential to further your career in the burgeoning DevSecOps domain, with the guidance of industry leaders in Security and DevOps, and alongside a mature team of true polyglots and talented microservices developers.
At Kraken, our culture and our people are at the core of our strategy, and the future growth and health of our company rests on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent in the industry.
- Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure;
- Write good quality policies, procedures and technical documentation;
- Nurture security awareness in the organization, produce material to support this, and relate this to the current threat landscape;
- Be familiar with risks introduced to organization by third parties, and processes to mitigate these;
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security;
- Have a “finger on the pulse” of current challenges and exploits in the ecosystem;
- Be an active participant in a truly world class global security organization.
- Code (or script) in at least one modern application development or utility language;
- Use Source Code Management and Document Management Systems to organize business function tasks and publish relevant material;
- Be a competent Linux user;
- Know how to build, run and deploy secure Docker containers;
- Be aware of how containers and microservices are configured, and can be secured and orchestrated, in particular using Kubernetes;
- Use open source tooling to programmatically test and verify the safety and integrity of bespoke software;
- Analyze data sets and produce reports using basic tools (e.g. SQL, POSIX stream processing tools, spreadsheets, ODBC, Python);
- Understand principles around secure Identity Management and Authentication;
- Understand the implementation of secure messaging systems in the context of privacy awareness, including GPG and encrypted instant messaging;
- Have a good basic comprehension of computer networks, the Internet, and supporting systems such as web servers and proxies;
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust.
- Optional: relevant and well-regarded certifications in cloud computing such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level;
- Optional: advanced security accreditation such as CISSP, OSCP, CASP, Security+.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time