We need extraordinary database engineers to join our team. You will act as both architect and programmer, designing, coding, and testing the core of our PostgreSQL-based time-series database. Our
We need extraordinary database engineers to join our team.
You will act as both architect and programmer, designing, coding, and testing the core of our PostgreSQL-based time-series database. Our focus is on building a scalable, reliable, robust, usable, secure, performant database. You should have strong systems-building experience and expertise in C, understand both query optimization and database systems, and ideally already be a PostgreSQL expert (or show an interest and quick aptitude to become a PostgreSQL expert). And the future of managing and making sense of the deluge of time-series data should excite you.
Timescale is a 100% remote organization, with engineers throughout the world; this is a full-time position.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new database capabilities, including analytics, clustering and distributed operations, query and storage optimizations, and more.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our database technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality of TimescaleDB.
- Improve infrastructure to evaluate and test database correctness and performance
- Work with engineers both at Timescale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver powerful integrations of the database into large applications and pipelines.
- Provide elevated technical assistance to high-value customers, gaining insight into the needs and experiences of our users.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software in C/C++ for large code-bases.
- Experience in PostgreSQL internal development highly desirable (but not required).
- Solid knowledge of SQL, query processing and database engines, concurrency control, data replication, and/or distributed systems.
- Passionate about building highly-reliable system software.
- Experience with industry-standard software validation tools helpful, e.g., jepsen, valgrind, Coverity, pprof, etc.
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.