Copywriter, Crypto Marketing
About Uphold Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022.Uphold is pursuing a mission to de
Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022.Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent.
As the Copywriter, Crypto Marketing, you’ll help define our voice as we position ourselves and products as a disruptive force for good in the world of finance. Working closely with our compliance department, your financial experience, expertise in and passion for crypto/blockchain will ensure you’re able to portray Uphold in the most compelling, simple and human ways. This is primarily a marketing focused role – you’ll develop engaging campaigns, content and copy that defines our brand purpose and differentiates our products. You will write Copy that intrigues, inspires, and engages our audiences, while also driving results.
Like everyone on our highly experienced team, you’ll need to be a bit of a”Team Player” – one day writing for our website, the next a sales presentation or twitter post.
This candidate will have a high-impact and hands-on role in the day-to-day creation and execution of our social media and content strategies. The right candidate will have their finger on the pulse of the crypto and web 3 space, as well as a deep understanding of blockchain projects and digital assets.
You must have a strong passion for crypto and be immersed in the on-going narratives and conversations continually taking shape in the space – especially on social media. This is an opportunity to help shape a revolutionary fintech brand that is set to take the industry by storm.
What you’ll be doing:
- Efficiently produce marketing copy (social media, blogs, trigger emails, newsletters, etc.)
- Develop and evolve our tone of voice and strategic messaging in collaboration with our in-house team of experienced marketeers and creatives.
- Ensure our tone of voice is consistent across all touch points.
- Manage quality standards, efficient processes and productivity to support the entire company’s copy needs.
- Editing and fact-checking content
- Marketing copy, both long and short form.
- Brand voice
- Email (ability to write per segment)
- Long form content (blogs, price page, landing page copy)
- In app Modules & Banners
- Responsible for proofreading marketing materials
- Work with the senior team to develop communications materials (social content, FAQ, newsletters, etc.)
- Pull competitive use cases and content ideas for inspiration
- Assist with monthly internal reporting across marketing channels
- Support editorial calendar which includes reviewing and proofreading content
- Build a content library for consumer and business use cases
- Work with internal and external agencies to develop creative content series
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but AA with commensurate experience acceptable, and must be well versed in the best practices of popular social media platforms
- Understanding of social platforms, communities, and best practices (Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Discord)
- Knowledge of email marketing, with an understanding of content marketing strategy
- Must have an interest in crypto/blockchain copy, staying current on relevant media in our industry
- Multilingual ability is a huge plus
- Must be motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess attention to detail and passion for writing and copywriting, with impeccable quality
- Have a deep interest in Marketing and looking to learn with the role
- Ability to maintain deadlines and work across teams, and must be an independent thinker who can jump in and multitask
- Show a can-do attitude with a willingness to jump in and look for creative new ways to help grow the Uphold brand
- Must be able to maintain deadlines and communicate through various teams
- Be a team player with a great attitude
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.