Company Description Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sel
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a strategic, inspirational Group Creative Director to lead Square’s creative efforts in several of our international markets. You will guide internal team members and agency partners on work across owned channels, awareness campaigns, and performance marketing. All work will be designed to build awareness and increase the adoption of Square’s ecosystem of products.
Reporting to the Global Head of Creative, you will be an essential member of the Creative Leadership team. You will work with numerous partners to bring our global creative strategy to life, including the Marketing leader in each country, along with the centralized Brand, Performance, Product, Finance, and Communication teams.
You will help us build a team of full-time and contract employees, including art direction, design, copy, and creative strategy.
You will have built, led, and inspired creative teams at an agency or within an internal client-side team, usually with a European and/or UK focus. You will have played a leadership role in developing and implementing brand-defining and business-building creative work—and will be equally experienced at brand, product, and performance-based marketing. You have worked in cross-functional organizations and be comfortable with data-driven marketing tactics.
Importantly, you will continue to build upon a culture that motivates this team to deliver creative excellence across multiple mediums. You will always improve the creative work to meet the ambition of the brand while delivering outstanding business results.
- Partner closely with International Marketing teams to ensure strategic alignment and deliver excellent creative assets with the market-specific audiences in mind
- Oversee the creative strategy, visual language, voice, and personality of our marketing creative in each covered market, with a focus on multi-product campaigns and owned, earned, and organic channels
- Provide feedback to our teams and agency partners from concept to implementation
- Manage a team of global creative team members
- Use customer and data insights to inspire market-specific creative concepts, further optimizing based on real-time results
- Identify creative opportunities by understanding each market’s audience, the competitive landscape, and market trends to help differentiate us from competitors in the FinTech space
- Help share best practices and promote collaboration across the Creative community at Square to provide a consistent, integrated, and synergistic customer experience globally
- Manage overall quality of creative output and protect the integrity and expression of the Square brand
- Allocate creative resources and monitor project milestones and deliverables
- Establish an environment that promotes creative ideation, innovation, and risk-taking
- 10+ years experience in a creative role, including four or more years leading a creative team or organization, focused on consumer or business facing marketing
- Experience working across multiple markets outside of the US
- Experience managing inspired internal and external teams, including creative agencies
- Strong storytelling capabilities across a wide variety of formats
- Demonstrated ability to define, build and differentiate brands and sub-brands
- Experience leading the development of integrated marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of performance, awareness, and brand-based marketing strategies and tactics
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and manage a team of talented creatives
- Curiosity for technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution
- Ability to travel to our international markets as required
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.