Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing…...
Job Title – Contracting Lawyer
Career Level – 6 – Senior Manager
Location – Dublin
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organisation coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture’s business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Advise senior company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions and understanding of the larger market. Manage and advise junior legal professionals in transactions and related matters. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in shaping and executing Accenture’s market-facing strategies.
- Lead, structure, negotiate and close Accenture’s largest and most complex client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support junior CLPs and, in some cases, other senior CLPs
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesise the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
- Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
Reports to: Contracting Lead
Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibility
External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel
- Degree required; advanced degree in law, business or contract management preferred.
- Authorised and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Minimum 8 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant indusrty.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions independently
- Experience negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Strong executive presence
- Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel required.
- Candidates who are currently on assignment as part of the Global Careers program are not eligible for consideration.
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Permanent Transfer Requirements:
When applying to an open internal position, all employees must meet the Permanent Transfers Requirements in Policy 500 – Permanent Position and Career Model Transfers. A summary of the employee requirements are listed below. See the policy for full information (link to policy is highlighted below).
- Employees must meet the requirements for the position, including the minimum and/or basic qualifications and performance requirements.
- Employees are expected to be in their current position for a minimum of 12 months before applying to a new position.
- If considering a cross-border position, please pay particular attention to the visa and/or work permit requirements. In most cases, employees must already possess the appropriate work authorisation for the country where the position is located.
- Employees participating in a group program for temporary international transfers, including those in the Global Careers Program (GCP), who are interested in applying to a posted internal position outside of their home location, need to comply with Policy 750 International Temporary Transfers for Groups (link to policy is highlighted below).
- Employees applying concurrently for more than one position must make the recruiter aware of the other applications during their first interview.
Policy 500 – Permanent Position and Career Model Transfers
Policy 750 – International Temporary Transfers for Groups
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.