Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing…...
Job Title: Contracting Lawyer
Location: London (Flexible working will be considered)
Career Level 7 – Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a Team:
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organisation coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture’s business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
You’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the for you. As part of our global team, you’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
As a Contracting Legal Professional, you will:
Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain, security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Advise senior company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions and understanding of the larger market. Manage and advise junior legal professionals in transactions and related matters. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in shaping and executing Accenture’s market-facing strategies.
- Lead, structure, negotiate and close Accenture’s complex client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior CLPs
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesise the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
- Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Degree required; advanced degree in law, business or contract management preferred.
- Authorised and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
- Experience negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues
- Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions independently
- Experience independently negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements
- Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31st March 2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.