Contracting Lawyer Senior Manager Career Level: 6 – Senior Manager Location: Dublin or Cork (hybrid) Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture
Contracting Lawyer Senior Manager
Career Level: 6 – Senior Manager
Location: Dublin or Cork (hybrid)
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organisation coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture’s business. CLPs identify and help lead and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing mentorship and negotiating contracts using commercial and market relevant positions.
We are looking for Senior Contracting Lawyer with experience in negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements & proven ability in negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues.
You will lead, structure, draft and negotiate sophisticated client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development.
The successful candidate will also Advise senior company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions and understanding of the larger market.
Lead and advise junior legal professionals in transactions and related matters. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in crafting and implementing Accenture’s market-facing strategies.
- Lead, structure, negotiate and close Accenture’s largest and most sophisticated client transactions to be most helpful from a legal and business perspective
- Lead all aspects of, counsel, guide, train and support junior CLPs and, in some cases, other senior CLPs
- Keep abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesise the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
- Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, encouraged, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
- Reports to: Contracting Lead
- Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibility
- External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel
- Degree required; advanced degree in law, business or contract management preferred.
- Authorised and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Minimum 8 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with growing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
- Proven track record of efficiently handling a large volume of transactions independently
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Strong executive presence
- Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel required.
- Candidates who are currently on assignment as part of the Global Careers program are not eligible for consideration.
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Does this appeal to you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture Ireland, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, private health insurance, discounted gym membership, emergency caring facilities, 25 days of holidays and 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and niche skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and build value for their partners. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.