Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. At Deloitte Digital, we connect creativity with technology for business. Bringing empathy, ideas, and experience into digital transformation. Together with all of Deloitte, we create connections across the breadth of our people, organisation, and ecosystems to make an impact that matters to our clients and to society. We’re a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast. Want to help us shape the future? We’re looking for experienced practitioners from a consulting, design, tech or business background who can show our clients what’s next, then work with our mixed-discipline team to make it happen.
As part of our Consultancy practice, your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. Including: customer and channel strategy, customer experience design, designing new service capabilities and operations, mobile, online and contact centre technology solutions, and related technology and operational change programmes.
We embrace the strengths of diverse talent within our team. You may have a brilliant mind, be a confident communicator or a nerd for all things digital, or you may have an impeccable business instinct, a collaborative outlook and a flair for big ideas.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are leaders, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
You will work with outstanding digital talent across disciplines to innovate and create great solutions for iconic brands.
- Continually look to explore new frameworks and design patterns that help us deliver solutions that excite our client’s customers
- Collaboratively working as part of a multi-disciplined feature team to design and implement software solutions to client challenges
- Developing clean, well-tested code through to production
- Work with business analysts to translate client requirements into working software
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Use the latest technologies and methodologies to deliver a broad range of high-quality reactive software for this decade and the next. Some of the areas we are looking at currently are:
- Reactive Design
- Native and Hybrid Mobile App Development
- Alternative JVM Languages and frameworks
- Web Components
- Micro-services and cloud native design
- Container based architecture
- Blockchain platforms
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London based role
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity, to be worked on a full time basis. However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer that’s important. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Java
- and related experience within software development environment
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based development practices
- Experience of build and test automation preferably including continuous delivery and a DevOps approach to build and continuous deployment
- Understanding of test-driven development and JVM based test tooling
- Understanding of modern Java build tools such as Maven or Gradle
- Working knowledge of software landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and tools such as Kanban, BDD, Elastic Cloud Based Environments, Rapid Prototyping Tools
- Experience of working within agile development environment and working knowledge of agile software development methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban
- Have obtained Security Clearance or eligible for
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.