Basic information Location London Service line Consulting Date published 10-May-2021 Req # 3899 Job description Your opportunity Finance Strategy - Delivering Finance in a digital world
Finance Strategy – Delivering Finance in a digital world
The Deloitte brand is synonymous with Finance, and we as the Finance Strategy team are uniquely positioned to work with the CFO and the Finance function to deliver the most complex and challenging transformation programmes. We are pioneers in Digital Finance and are helping our clients explore the art of the possible to build the new capabilities required to operate successfully in a digital world. Our team members have the opportunity to develop their skills and experience in the most interesting and demanding projects and across the full project lifecycle, and to be at the forefront of Finance innovation.
Enterprise Technology & Performance
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for talented Consultants with experience in supporting the CFO’s agenda from a strategic, performance & profitability perspective.
You will be expected to work closely alongside Managers, Senior Managers and Directors which will provide you with two unique opportunities ? firstly, the opportunity to be involved in the influencing and shaping of the strategic development of our team, and secondly the opportunity to learn from the best in our business.
You will typically be a member of a workstream within a project, having day to day responsibility for managing your own work and supporting our analysts in producing quality client deliverables. Working with a range of clients will also provide you with the opportunity to grow your industry knowledge and develop your business relationships.
You will design and implement innovative solutions to deliver enhanced business performance as well as establishing effective working relationships clients as part of project delivery roles, partnering with business teams to establish every aspect of their requirements.
You will also play an important role in supporting practice development activities such as: developing new service offerings to take to market and contributing to thought leadership; contributing to the management of our business, including team communications; building finance and industry communities; and leading training and other talent initiatives.
By joining Deloitte, you will:
- Work with some of the most prestigious national and global clients to address their greatest challenges and provide innovative and creative solutions to overcome these
- Have access to our broad range of market-leading services, propositions, assets, and our extensive knowledge base accumulated over hundreds of successful projects to develop your career
- Continue to grow and develop your core skills, hone your industry expertise and truly reach your potential accessing the wealth of learning and development available.
- Defining elements of the Target Operating Model for Finance (i.e. identifying the future role of Finance, and understanding how it will deliver services to the business in terms of process, technology, people and organisation)
- Helping Finance navigate the opportunities and challenges brought about by digital disruption and next generation finance technologies (e.g. robotics process automation, advanced analytics, next generation ERP, Blockchain)
- Undertaking Finance diagnostic exercises to understand the ‘health’ of the Finance function and identifying what is required to solve the challenges it faces
- Designing, building, and implementing components of the future Finance organisations, e.g. Finance organisation design, defining best practice Finance processes
- Performing detailed financial analysis to support business case development and benefits realisation
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Inputting into proposals and identifying follow-on opportunities at existing clients
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Supporting and leading bid and sales activities
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully so there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
our professional experience
- Finance professional qualification such as (but not limited to): ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent experience
- Prior work experience working in a Finance function, including experience in delivering change and transformation projects in Finance, such as finance operating model, financial processes design/standardisation, cost management, finance organisation design and technology implementation
- Understands the business and technology trends impacting Finance functions
- Experience in working in multi-functional teams during planning, design and implementation phases of a Finance change project
- Gathering and analysing information, contributing to the identification of issues, creating and testing hypotheses, developing recommendations and producing exceptional deliverables for clients
- Understanding and gathering client business requirements
- Supporting effective day to day client relationships
- Work effectively in a team environment
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
REF: WPFULL RTWPROG SLCONS BAETEC CFTECH