div class section wrapper page full width div class section page centered div b style font size 18px About Kraken b div div br di...
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
Kraken is looking for an experienced Compliance Associate – Testing with the demonstrated ability to thoughtfully review regulations, policies and procedures and apply to conduct relevant Compliance testing/monitoring. The ideal candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and knowledgeable in various regulations (e.g. AML, sanctions, consumer, etc.) The candidate must also be self-motivated with strong Audit and/or Compliance testing/monitoring experience and thrive in a rapid-paced environment. Candidate must be committed to the values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation.
- Represent the company as a professional AML/CTF and other regulatory compliance expert with all parties, internal and external
- Ability to multitask different tests based on the status of the review
- Determine scope and objective of each review process
- Develop and document test scripts, sample methodologies and sample size
- Perform test process according to the test plan
- Ability to review applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies to assess controls
- Manage documentation of the test process by preparing correct and clear to understand workpapers
- Ensure all documentations retained support the test conclusions
- Manage various inboxes and provide timely responses to all stakeholders
- Ability to review, analyze, and document findings of transaction testing
- Analyze exceptions and make recommendations to enhance internal controls and/or improve efficiencies
- Determine root cause on identified exceptions
- Ensure testing is completed timely and accurately according to applicable standards
- Communicate clearly and effectively to stakeholders of test results on any issues/concerns/recommendations
- Maintain good relationship and collaborate with other lines of businesses and stakeholders
- Conduct ad hoc projects, test, and/or monitoring reviews (based on need)
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a compliance role at a financial institution or equivalent
- CAMS or CRCM certification preferred
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results
- Adaptability to global business needs
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Fluent in other languages (a plus)
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us