Compliance Testing and Monitoring Program Manager, EU/UK
Company Description Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hard
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
You will support Block’s compliance mission by working side-by-side with compliance, counsel, and business personnel in the EU/UK to foster a culture of risk management. You will report to the Global Compliance Testing and Monitoring Lead and conduct testing and monitoring of the operating and control environment in the EU/UK and Global compliance program as required.
The scope of your work will include, but will not be limited to testing compliance with European Banking Authority (EBA) requirements, Financial Conduct Authority requirements, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) guidance, and AML/CFT/Sanctions laws.
This role is 100% remote for a candidate who lives/resides in Ireland.
- Plan, scope, document, and conduct compliance testing and monitoring reviews across all business units for Square and Cash App
- Test the adequacy and effectiveness of the operating and control environment, including policies, procedures and systems
- Complete process run through with business units and record all your fieldwork and documentation reviewed.
- Communicate your findings to key stakeholders and gain agreement for management actions plans
- Complete report writing to formalize your findings
To be successful you will;
- Develop an understanding of Block’s business operations and compliance framework
- Establish collaborative business relationships in the EU/UK and USA
- Calibrate with legal for the application of the laws to our business
- Maintain knowledge of latest compliance risks and and regulations
- Work across the team to assist others with reviews
- 5 years of experience required in regulatory compliance testing or internal audit across the EU/UK
- FinTech or payment services experience
- Experience building relationships and establishing trust and credibility with business leads
- Experience managing diverse assignments across business
- Experience using Google Applications (e.g. Sheets, Docks, Slidesl)
- Experience testing Spanish, French, or Portuguese language documentation
- Professional Certificate and Diploma in Compliance (LCOI)
- Certified Financial Crime Prevention Practitioner (CFCPP) or CAMS Certification
- Diploma in Risk Management, Internal Audit & Compliance
- Certified Internal Audit
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.