Company Description Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transa
Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Verse is an EU licensed electronic money institution, which under its digital wallet, allows its customers to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select countries across the European Union.
In partnership with Cash App and the rest of the Block ecosystem, we are building a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at https://verse.me/careers.
The mission of the Verse Compliance team is to establish and enforce consistent EU and global policies and expectations across the board including customer risk scoring, onboarding, and due diligence of both natural persons and legal entities. As a compliance officer you will actively be involved in KYC analysis, transaction monitoring to ensure the safety and soundness of the Verse system and maintain a healthy, compliant user base. You will also help the team with sanctions and PEP screening and GDPR/privacy compliance tasks, helping to ensure our user base can access and control their own data.
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? Verse is looking for someone who is an experienced and motivated professional to combat AML, privacy and sanctions risk as part of the compliance program. As a compliance team member, you will review accounts and transactions observing documented procedures, user guides, and guidance logs; document conclusions in a manner that is clear and complete.
- Monitor and act upon compliance-related queue alerts, including reviewing:
- Possible suspicious activity
- Activity that violates Verse rules
- Use detective-like mentality to investigate and escalate potentially suspicious activity such as money laundering
- Verify individual and merchant information as part of identity verification and conduct due diligence reviews for anti-money laundering purposes in line with our KYC and AML policies
- Monitor and action economic sanctions and politically exposed individual alerts and referrals
- Investigate and document incidents of potentially prohibited sanctions activity, including terrorist financing and counter-narcotics trafficking
- Work cross-functionally with Support, Risk, and other operations teams at Verse
- Communicate with customers via CRM and email in relation to GDPR/privacy data access requests and other compliance matters
- Stay up to date with regulatory updates and new requirements and understand overall impact to daily work
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation team’s processes
You have: *
- 4+ years experience in compliance or AML related work, in the payments space BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations and industry best practices
- Adept ability to communicate both verbally and written with employees at all levels
- Easily adjust to varying work environment
- Demonstrated transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
- Familiarity with relevant OFAC, EU and UN laws, regulations and industry best practices
- An understanding of the European FinTech landscape and regulations including PSD2
- Excellent written skills that show focus to details and accuracy
- Fluent English and Spanish, other European languages (Latvian, Lithuanian or Italian are a plus)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Job Type: Full-time