CEX.IO is an ecosystem of products and services connecting people to the opportunities of decentralized finance and digital asset economy. Since 2013, millions of global customers buy, sell, trade, st
CEX.IO is an ecosystem of products and services connecting people to the opportunities of decentralized finance and digital asset economy. Since 2013, millions of global customers buy, sell, trade, store, and earn digital assets using CEX.IO.
CEX.IO has been ranked as the 7th best cryptocurrency exchange by CryptoCompare. For eight years, we have led the way in innovation, services, and a strong regulatory approach amongst the digital asset landscape.
We were first to introduce the purchase of bitcoin with a credit card back in 2014. Now, with multiple banking relationships, supported payment instruments, and markets, we bridge traditional and decentralized finance for a diverse range of users. For some, CEX.IO is their first experience with cryptocurrencies. Others take advantage of our professional and enterprise solutions.
With offices in the UK, US, Gibraltar, Cyprus, and Ukraine, we are fully regulated. The companies under the CEX.IO umbrella maintain licenses and registrations in 49 US states, UK, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Canada, and many other regions.
Currently we are looking for a Compliance Officer/MLRO who will be responsible for covering compliance operations in Gibraltar location.
The role will require ensuring compliance to all AML and CTF legislation, regulations, rules and guidance within the designated region.
The role will report to Gibraltar Executive Director and Head of Financial Crime and MLRO.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain the company’s compliance policies and procedures for Gibraltar location;
- Oversee and maintain the Compliance framework (onboarding, monitoring, reporting and quality assurance);
- Develop and maintain an AML/CTF risk management program, which minimizes the fraud and AML/CTF risks;
- Prepare and deliver an annual compliance report for submission to the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC);
- Liaise with external third parties in relation to Gibraltar operation, including GFSC & GFIU
- Maintain all risk and compliance functions in accordance with all regulatory requirements and industry best practices;
- Assist Head of Financial Crime & MLRO in operations relating to Gibraltar
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk throughout Gibraltar location, develop and maintain action plans for resolution of problematic issues;
- Protect and enhance the reputation of CEX.IO locally.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Resident in Gibraltar, or within a 20 mile radius in Spain is required. Or the ability to move to and reside within these locations;
- 3+ years of experience within a regulated FinTech company in a role of Compliance (KYC & AML) Officer;
- Extensive knowledge of the European and Gibraltar regulatory requirements for FinTech;
- Confident knowledge of local and international AML/CFT legislation;
- Experience in Crypto and knowledge of available monitoring tools is an advantage;
- Experience in Gibraltar DLT regime is an advantage;
- Proven experience of AML Compliance on assessment of financial crime factors;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations;
- Strong communication skills, must be comfortable to communicate with local regulators.