About the company: Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million users on its platform toda
About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it’s a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of “cryptocurrency in every wallet” into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 800+ strong team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role:
The Ireland Compliance Officer and MLRO will report to the European Head of Compliance/MLRO and be responsible for supporting Crypto.com’s regulated businesses in their regulatory compliance obligations, including the management of regulatory examinations and compliance independent reviews / external audits, preparing and submitting regulatory reporting in support of various licenses, maintaining program documentation and tracking and driving finding, recommendations and observations. You will also ensure robust policies, controls are in place across Crypto.com’s Irish regulated businesses, and that they remain in line with regulatory change.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with any license application processes in Ireland;
- Liaise with internal (ex: Legal, Compliance, IT, Security, etc) and external (external counsel, consultants, etc) stakeholders to go through licensing applications, registrations and applicable reporting to regulatory bodies;
- Ensure continuous compliance with licensing conditions;
- Identify areas of non-compliance or partial compliance of the business through a GAP analysis of applicable laws and regulations and prepare and implement an action plan to remedy any shortfalls;
- Monitor and review all developments within the regulatory environment of the business; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- Ensure that any updates to the legislative and regulatory framework is communicated to all stakeholders and training provided thereto if required;
- Assist with the periodic review of policies and training ensuring they are compliant with the applicable regulatory regime;
- Continually and actively develop technical knowledge in relation to the regulatory framework governing the company and its activities;
- Liaise with different departments to assure a world-class regulatory compliant regime;
- Manage internal compliance operational controls, carry out independent reviews and examinations as required;
- Identify, highlight and manage regulatory risks, findings and recommendations identified internally, by independent reviews or examinations;
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the appropriate compliance culture within the Company;
- Work with management and staff to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet the regulatory requirements;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities required to ensure all Crypto.com European companies are compliant with applicable regulations and licensing conditions.
AML and reporting
- Carry out the role of the MLRO for Ireland, which includes reporting and responding to law enforcement requests and inquiries;
- Prepare compliance audit data by compiling and analysing internal information;
- Liaise with other departments to prepare data required for the submission of reports requested by the regulators;
- Lead the preparation and coordination of responses to requests submitted by the regulatory authorities.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience working with (i) a financial institution (payment service provider / e-money) and preferably experience also within the virtual financial assets market; or (ii) a regulatory authority; or (iii) a law firm handling compliance matters relating to AML, and applicable payments services laws and regulations;
- Understanding of AML regulations and payments services legislation within the banking/financial services industry;
- Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the business. The understanding of regulatory requirements vs. “best practices” in compliance is critical;
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills – must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- Experience interacting with local regulators a plus;
- Knowledge of virtual financial assets and fintech products is preferred;
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment and cross functionally with operations and technology function
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of combining e-money and fintech;
- Significant responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you;
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team;