Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
While we have a preference for candidates who are local to Wyoming, we are open to considering a fully remote position for the right person. Relocation assistance is available to those who are open to relocating to Wyoming.
This role will be critical to build out and administer the regulatory compliance program as well as manage the compliance department for our Wyoming State Chartered Bank.
- Manage and maintain compliance programs to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on state and federal compliance laws and regulations
- Stay current with industry best practices and guidance related to regulatory compliance
- Engage in interactions with senior management, partners, and auditors and examiners
- Responsible for identifying, tracking, and remediating compliance issues
- Develop and provide compliance reports
- Provide clear, direct, and timely feedback to the business regarding operational compliance issues
- Participate in new product development meetings to address compliance issues
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory compliance, preferably in consumer banking
- Strong understanding of applicable federal and state banking laws and regulations (i.e. BSA/AML, OFAC, Dodd-Frank, Regulation H, E, etc)
- Strong understanding of compliance risk management principles
- Experience with payments included card processing, network rules, ACH, ledgers, etc.
- Executive level communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing regulatory exams and audits
- Demonstrated ability to author detailed business requirements and effectively communicate with engineering/technology teams
- Prior success in project management and driving cross functional teams to execute and deliver on strategically important initiatives
- Quantitative analysis and decision making.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us