Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worl
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As Compliance Coordinator, you’ll join our Compliance Operations Team helping manage team risk. In this role you will liaise with customers, banking partners and law enforcement, acting as the internal point of contact for internal and external requests related to the Compliance Operations Team. You will also be responsible for metrics reporting for the Compliance Operations Team. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and organized individual with a business operations background, who has an interest in compliance and isn’t afraid of large datasets. You will follow Circle policy and standards, as well as compliance obligations in determining courses of action.
What you’ll work on:
- Act as the first point of contact for incoming law enforcement inquiries, banking partner requests, and Section 314(b) requests, and coordinate responses between various stakeholders.
- Work with Compliance Operations teams to request KYC information from current customers, and follow up with customers to ensure timely responses.
- Report daily workflows and weekly productivity.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Compliance related documentation.
- Assist with onboarding new Compliance Operations team members.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- B.A./B.S. degree.
- 2 years of relevant administrative experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, efficiently manage time, self-direct work, and ask for help if needed.
- Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively in a global environment, with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and internal teams.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for digital currency and blockchain technology preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.